Problems with Windows Installer service

Jimena

Problems with Windows Installer service
Hi!!! I tried to update my laptop, but I can't. I check the services and I
found that the Windows Installer is stopped, so I tried to star it, but it
sent an error, the error 3. It said the Windows Installed can't found the
specific path.

Someone could help me??? I need to update my laptop.
--
Jimena
Eddie Bowers [MSFT]

RE: Problems with Windows Installer service
If the Windows Installer Service is failing to start, then I would first
try reinstalling the Windows Installer from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2fc-5f56-4a38-
b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en

If that doesn't work, then make sure you do a virus scan to make sure you
don't have anything that is preventing the service from starting. You can
do this from:
http://safety.live.com

Eddie Bowers
Security Support
Microsoft Corporation

Jimena

RE: Problems with Windows Installer service
Is it possible that I use this to Install it in Windows Vista ???
--
Jimena

"Eddie Bowers [MSFT]" wrote:

> If the Windows Installer Service is failing to start, then I would first
> try reinstalling the Windows Installer from:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2fc-5f56-4a38-
> b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en
>
> If that doesn't work, then make sure you do a virus scan to make sure you
> don't have anything that is preventing the service from starting. You can
> do this from:
> http://safety.live.com
>

> Eddie Bowers
> Security Support
> Microsoft Corporation

Eddie Bowers [MSFT]

RE: Problems with Windows Installer service
No, that package wont install on Vista. Can you try re-registering the dll
regsvr32.exe msi.dll

Eddie Bowers
Security Support
Microsoft Corporation

Jimena

RE: Problems with Windows Installer service
Is it posible that you can explain me step by step how could I re-registering
the dll?

Regards,
--
Jimena

Eddie Bowers [MSFT]

RE: Problems with Windows Installer service
To regegistry the DLL, just go to start, then run, and type
regsvr32.exe msi.dll
then hit OK

Eddie Bowers
Security Support
Microsoft Corporation

Jimena

RE: Problems with Windows Installer service
I tried to re-registry the DLL, but when I did that the system sent me the

The "msi.dll" module was loaded, but it produced an error in the call to
DllRegisterServer (code error: 0x80040201)

Could you tell me what does it mean?

Regards
--
Jimena

"Eddie Bowers [MSFT]" wrote:

> To regegistry the DLL, just go to start, then run, and type
> regsvr32.exe msi.dll
> then hit OK
>
> Eddie Bowers
> Security Support
> Microsoft Corporation
>
> From: =<clio_sport07@yahoo.fr>
>
> Is it posible that you can explain me step by step how could I
> re-registering
> the dll?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jimena

Robert Aldwinckle

"Jimena" <clio_sport07@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>I tried to re-registry the DLL, but when I did that the system sent me the
>
> The "msi.dll" module was loaded, but it produced an error in the call to
> DllRegisterServer (code error: 0x80040201)
>
> Could you tell me what does it mean?

Without its context? Not much:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704587.aspx

(Live Search for
msi (0x80040201 OR 80040201) site:microsoft.com
)

<quote>
0x80040201 EVENT_E_ALL_SUBSCRIBERS_FAILED
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers.
</quote>

You could try getting more information about a failure in regsvr32.exe
by using DependencyWalker's Profile command on that module
and executing the failing regsvr32.exe command through it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Regards
> --
> Jimena
>

> "Eddie Bowers [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> To regegistry the DLL, just go to start, then run, and type
>> regsvr32.exe msi.dll
>> then hit OK
>>
>> Eddie Bowers
>> Security Support
>> Microsoft Corporation
>>
>> From: =<clio_sport07@yahoo.fr>
>>
>> Is it posible that you can explain me step by step how could I
>> re-registering
>> the dll?
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Jimena

Jimena

Re: Problems with Windows Installer service
Do you have more information about it????
Please help me I can't install updates and software.
--
Jimena

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Jimena" <clio_sport07@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> >I tried to re-registry the DLL, but when I did that the system sent me the
> >
> > The "msi.dll" module was loaded, but it produced an error in the call to
> > DllRegisterServer (code error: 0x80040201)
> >
> > Could you tell me what does it mean?

> Without its context? Not much:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc704587.aspx
>
> (Live Search for
> msi (0x80040201 OR 80040201) site:microsoft.com
> )
>
> <quote>
> 0x80040201 EVENT_E_ALL_SUBSCRIBERS_FAILED
> An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers.
> </quote>
>

> You could try getting more information about a failure in regsvr32.exe
> by using DependencyWalker's Profile command on that module
> and executing the failing regsvr32.exe command through it.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>

> > Regards
> > --
> > Jimena
> >

> > "Eddie Bowers [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> To regegistry the DLL, just go to start, then run, and type
> >> regsvr32.exe msi.dll
> >> then hit OK
> >>
> >> Eddie Bowers
> >> Security Support
> >> Microsoft Corporation
> >>
> >> From: =<clio_sport07@yahoo.fr>
> >>
> >> Is it posible that you can explain me step by step how could I
> >> re-registering
> >> the dll?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> --
> >> Jimena

Robert Aldwinckle

> Do you have more information about it????

DependencyWalker? Try a search?

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

(Live Search for
dependencywalker