0xC0003FB error

Neil

0xC0003FB error
I have a PC runing Windows 2000 Server & van not accesss Windows Update, I
keep getting the 0xC0003FB error.
I have tried stopping the service & deleting datastore contents & restarting
the service with no change.

My server runs 2 hard disks set up as RAID 0, does this make any difference?

Any suggestions please?

TaurArian

Re: 0xC0003FB error
Are you sure of the error code?

0xC80003FB
ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.
Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is installed and then
try Windows Update again.

If space is not the problem, then your file could be corrupted.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have a PC runing Windows 2000 Server & van not accesss Windows Update, I
| keep getting the 0xC0003FB error.
| I have tried stopping the service & deleting datastore contents & restarting
| the service with no change.
|
| My server runs 2 hard disks set up as RAID 0, does this make any difference?
|
| Any suggestions please?

Neil

Re: 0xC0003FB error
Thanks for reply
Sorry, error code should have been 0xC80003FB.
Dont think space is a problem as I have 170gb free HDD space.
Which file could be corrupt & where do I go to delete it?

Thanks

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Are you sure of the error code?
>
> 0xC80003FB
> ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
> System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.
> Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is installed and then
> try Windows Update again.
>
> If space is not the problem, then your file could be corrupted.
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have a PC runing Windows 2000 Server & van not accesss Windows Update, I
> | keep getting the 0xC0003FB error.
> | I have tried stopping the service & deleting datastore contents & restarting
> | the service with no change.
> |
> | My server runs 2 hard disks set up as RAID 0, does this make any difference?
> |
> | Any suggestions please?

TaurArian

Re: 0xC0003FB error
You've already done the datastore folder.

Perhaps the corruption is more wide spread, try renaming the softwaredistribution folder
and see if that helps.
Reboot.

You'll lose the history but that won't matter.

You might even try reinstalling the WU Agent - A new version of the Windows Update Agent
is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

--

| Thanks for reply
| Sorry, error code should have been 0xC80003FB.
| Dont think space is a problem as I have 170gb free HDD space.
| Which file could be corrupt & where do I go to delete it?
|
| Thanks
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Are you sure of the error code?
| >
| > 0xC80003FB
| > ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
| > System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.
| > Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is installed and
then
| > try Windows Update again.
| >
| > If space is not the problem, then your file could be corrupted.
| >

| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I have a PC runing Windows 2000 Server & van not accesss Windows Update, I
| > | keep getting the 0xC0003FB error.
| > | I have tried stopping the service & deleting datastore contents & restarting
| > | the service with no change.
| > |
| > | My server runs 2 hard disks set up as RAID 0, does this make any difference?
| > |
| > | Any suggestions please?
| > |
| > |

Neil

Re: 0xC0003FB error
Tried all that, renamed folder - rebooted

downloaded latest update software, bot wouldn't install because latest
version already installed.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> You've already done the datastore folder.
>
> Perhaps the corruption is more wide spread, try renaming the softwaredistribution folder
> and see if that helps.
> Reboot.
>
> You'll lose the history but that won't matter.
>
> You might even try reinstalling the WU Agent - A new version of the Windows Update Agent
> is available
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Thanks for reply
> | Sorry, error code should have been 0xC80003FB.
> | Dont think space is a problem as I have 170gb free HDD space.
> | Which file could be corrupt & where do I go to delete it?
> |
> | Thanks
> |

> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > Are you sure of the error code?
> | >
> | > 0xC80003FB
> | > ERROR_NO_LOG_SPACE
> | > System could not allocate the required space in a registry log.
> | > Try and free up some space on the drive where the Operating System is installed and
> then
> | > try Windows Update again.
> | >
> | > If space is not the problem, then your file could be corrupted.
> | >

> | > --
> | >
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> | > ======================================
> | > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> | > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> | >

> | > "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

TaurArian

Re: 0xC0003FB error
Add the /wuforce switch to the end of the run command, and then click OK. For example, the
run command may appear as the following: "C:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe" /wuforce
--

| Tried all that, renamed folder - rebooted
|
| downloaded latest update software, bot wouldn't install because latest
| version already installed.
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > You've already done the datastore folder.
| >
| > Perhaps the corruption is more wide spread, try renaming the softwaredistribution
folder
| > and see if that helps.
| > Reboot.
| >
| > You'll lose the history but that won't matter.
| >
| > You might even try reinstalling the WU Agent - A new version of the Windows Update
Agent
| > is available
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
| >

| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Thanks for reply
| > | Sorry, error code should have been 0xC80003FB.
| > | Dont think space is a problem as I have 170gb free HDD space.
| > | Which file could be corrupt & where do I go to delete it?
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > |
| > | "TaurArian" wrote:
| > |

| > then

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

Neil

Re: 0xC0003FB error
Tried that now, still no change.
Dont really want to have to reinstall & configure my server, might just have
to ignore updates.