Windows Update fails everytime in Vista

elmomeo

Windows Update fails everytime in Vista
I'm using Windows Vista and tried to upgrade to SP1 via Windows Update.
I got an error code and after searching on the internet found this link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366.

Ran Windows update again and got another error code after more searching
found link to the System Update Readiness tool. Downloaded it and it ran fine.

Now no matter which update I try to install it fails with the code 0x800700C1.
I have tried all the solutions I found related to this error but to no avail.

I have downloaded the standalone installer for SP1 and tried to run in after
a reboot and it gives the same error.

Somebody help!!

I am confused as I saw a lot of other people with similar issues but still
there is no fix from MS. Please guys get your act together.
TaurArian

Re: Windows Update fails everytime in Vista
In Windows XP - 0x800700c1 - is related to an inability to check your license.
Go to start/run, and type
regsvr32 regwizc.dll and press OK

then type,
regsvr32 licdll.dll and press OK.

Haven't got the Vista machine on to test this so you'll can if you want to.

Restore the Run command to Windows Vista Start menu
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/49/1/
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"elmomeo" <elmomeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm using Windows Vista and tried to upgrade to SP1 via Windows Update.
| I got an error code and after searching on the internet found this link
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366.
|
| Ran Windows update again and got another error code after more searching
| found link to the System Update Readiness tool. Downloaded it and it ran fine.
|
| Now no matter which update I try to install it fails with the code 0x800700C1.
| I have tried all the solutions I found related to this error but to no avail.
|
| I have downloaded the standalone installer for SP1 and tried to run in after
| a reboot and it gives the same error.
|
| Somebody help!!
|
| I am confused as I saw a lot of other people with similar issues but still
| there is no fix from MS. Please guys get your act together.

elmomeo

Re: Windows Update fails everytime in Vista
Files don't exist in Windows Vista. When I'm downloading the patches the
Genuine Advantage plugin works perfectly . . . so I don't think this has
anything to do with the license.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> In Windows XP - 0x800700c1 - is related to an inability to check your license.
> Go to start/run, and type
> regsvr32 regwizc.dll and press OK
>
> then type,
> regsvr32 licdll.dll and press OK.
>
> Haven't got the Vista machine on to test this so you'll can if you want to.
>
> Restore the Run command to Windows Vista Start menu
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/49/1/
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "elmomeo" <elmomeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | I'm using Windows Vista and tried to upgrade to SP1 via Windows Update.
> | I got an error code and after searching on the internet found this link
> | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366.
> |
> | Ran Windows update again and got another error code after more searching
> | found link to the System Update Readiness tool. Downloaded it and it ran fine.
> |
> | Now no matter which update I try to install it fails with the code 0x800700C1.
> | I have tried all the solutions I found related to this error but to no avail.
> |
> | I have downloaded the standalone installer for SP1 and tried to run in after
> | a reboot and it gives the same error.
> |
> | Somebody help!!
> |
> | I am confused as I saw a lot of other people with similar issues but still
> | there is no fix from MS. Please guys get your act together.

TaurArian

Re: Windows Update fails everytime in Vista
All I can suggest is start a free Windows Update support incident request:

| Files don't exist in Windows Vista. When I'm downloading the patches the
| Genuine Advantage plugin works perfectly . . . so I don't think this has
| anything to do with the license.
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > In Windows XP - 0x800700c1 - is related to an inability to check your license.
| > Go to start/run, and type
| > regsvr32 regwizc.dll and press OK
| >
| > then type,
| > regsvr32 licdll.dll and press OK.
| >
| > Haven't got the Vista machine on to test this so you'll can if you want to.
| >
| > Restore the Run command to Windows Vista Start menu
| > http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/49/1/
| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "elmomeo" <elmomeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | I'm using Windows Vista and tried to upgrade to SP1 via Windows Update.
| > | I got an error code and after searching on the internet found this link
| > | http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366.
| > |
| > | Ran Windows update again and got another error code after more searching
| > | found link to the System Update Readiness tool. Downloaded it and it ran fine.
| > |
| > | Now no matter which update I try to install it fails with the code 0x800700C1.
| > | I have tried all the solutions I found related to this error but to no avail.
| > |
| > | I have downloaded the standalone installer for SP1 and tried to run in after
| > | a reboot and it gives the same error.
| > |
| > | Somebody help!!
| > |
| > | I am confused as I saw a lot of other people with similar issues but still
| > | there is no fix from MS. Please guys get your act together.

elmomeo

Re: Windows Update fails everytime in Vista
Well thanks for ur time anyway.
Opened the incident with MS. Let's see what happens.