Error Code 800F020B - Windows Mobile Device installation

Tazdevil

Error Code 800F020B - Windows Mobile Device installation
I have an IPAQ 114 PDA and it is running Windows Mobile 6 Operating System.

I cannot get the Activesync to install. Windows Update keeps telling me
there an error and i am missing a componant but does not say which one.

I am running Windows Vista Business Edition and have service pack 1
installed...

Any idea what is wrong???

Thanks

Tazdevil

Re: Error Code 800F020B - Windows Mobile Device installation
0x800F020B -2146500085 SPAPI_E_No_Such_Devinst device instance does not
exists

Is the PDA connected to the computer? Is this a sudden, new problem
installing updates for the PDA? Did Windows Update offer the computer Vista
SP1 or did you install it manually?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Tazdevil wrote:
> I have an IPAQ 114 PDA and it is running Windows Mobile 6 Operating
> System.
>
> I cannot get the Activesync to install. Windows Update keeps telling me
> there an error and i am missing a componant but does not say which one.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Business Edition and have service pack 1
> installed...
>
> Any idea what is wrong???
>
> Thanks
>
> Tazdevil

TazDevil

Re: Error Code 800F020B - Windows Mobile Device installation
I was prompted to install SP 1.

Yes the device is attached to the PC via USB.

I keep getting a message: There is a component missing from windows that
will allow ActiveSync to be installed.

I need this up and running soon............as it is part of my job...

Many Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 0x800F020B -2146500085 SPAPI_E_No_Such_Devinst device instance does not
> exists
>
> Is the PDA connected to the computer? Is this a sudden, new problem
> installing updates for the PDA? Did Windows Update offer the computer Vista
> SP1 or did you install it manually?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Tazdevil wrote:
> > I have an IPAQ 114 PDA and it is running Windows Mobile 6 Operating
> > System.
> >
> > I cannot get the Activesync to install. Windows Update keeps telling me
> > there an error and i am missing a componant but does not say which one.
> >
> > I am running Windows Vista Business Edition and have service pack 1
> > installed...
> >
> > Any idea what is wrong???
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tazdevil

Re: Error Code 800F020B - Windows Mobile Device installation
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

TazDevil wrote:
> I was prompted to install SP 1.
>
> Yes the device is attached to the PC via USB.
>
> I keep getting a message: There is a component missing from windows that
> will allow ActiveSync to be installed.
>
> I need this up and running soon............as it is part of my job...
>
> Many Thanks
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 0x800F020B -2146500085 SPAPI_E_No_Such_Devinst device instance does not
>> exists
>>
>> Is the PDA connected to the computer? Is this a sudden, new problem
>> installing updates for the PDA? Did Windows Update offer the computer
>> Vista SP1 or did you install it manually?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Tazdevil wrote:
>>> I have an IPAQ 114 PDA and it is running Windows Mobile 6 Operating
>>> System.
>>>
>>> I cannot get the Activesync to install. Windows Update keeps telling me
>>> there an error and i am missing a componant but does not say which one.
>>>
>>> I am running Windows Vista Business Edition and have service pack 1
>>> installed...
>>>
>>> Any idea what is wrong???
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Tazdevil

gazzaho

"TazDevil" wrote:

> I was prompted to install SP 1.
>
> Yes the device is attached to the PC via USB.
>
> I keep getting a message: There is a component missing from windows that
> will allow ActiveSync to be installed.
>
> I need this up and running soon............as it is part of my job...
>
> Many Thanks
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > 0x800F020B -2146500085 SPAPI_E_No_Such_Devinst device instance does not
> > exists
> >
> > Is the PDA connected to the computer? Is this a sudden, new problem
> > installing updates for the PDA? Did Windows Update offer the computer Vista
> > SP1 or did you install it manually?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Tazdevil wrote:
> > > I have an IPAQ 114 PDA and it is running Windows Mobile 6 Operating
> > > System.
> > >
> > > I cannot get the Activesync to install. Windows Update keeps telling me
> > > there an error and i am missing a componant but does not say which one.
> > >
> > > I am running Windows Vista Business Edition and have service pack 1
> > > installed...
> > >
> > > Any idea what is wrong???
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Tazdevil

> > With Vista you don't need ActiveSync. Click Start, Control Panel, and select Windows Mobile Device Center, and set your iPaq up from there then try installing the update. That's how I got mine to work.

Hope this works for you too.

gazzaho

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> TazDevil wrote:
> > I was prompted to install SP 1.
> >
> > Yes the device is attached to the PC via USB.
> >
> > I keep getting a message: There is a component missing from windows that
> > will allow ActiveSync to be installed.
> >
> > I need this up and running soon............as it is part of my job...
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> 0x800F020B -2146500085 SPAPI_E_No_Such_Devinst device instance does not
> >> exists
> >>
> >> Is the PDA connected to the computer? Is this a sudden, new problem
> >> installing updates for the PDA? Did Windows Update offer the computer
> >> Vista SP1 or did you install it manually?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

> With Vista you don't need ActiveSync. Click Start, Control Panel, and select Windows Mobile Device Centre, and set your iPaq up from there then try installing the update. That's how I got mine to work.

Hope this works for you too.
DGP DGP is offline

DGP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error Code 800F020B - Windows Mobile Device installation
I fought this on two machines, for CSR Cambridge Bluetooth May 2008. Finally, this worked:
1) In Device manager I did an uninstall and delete driver files (sounds drastic, but there are other copies).
2) I did a scan for hardware changes, so the dongle driver files reinstalled.
3) I hit retry on Windows Update, and this time the install went through, or I got lucky.
The related bluetooth dongle was in place throughout. If the dongle is out, the update is "not needed", and you get either an error or a false good install.

Of course, this update does not fix the CSR dongle by itself. That is a secondary puzzle. Some bloggers say the vendor cut old devices off in the later releases, perhaps because there were too many old designs for which they did not get license fees.

Last edited by DGP : 09-28-2009 at 03:50. Reason: typo