Microsoft Update

Sapper69

Microsoft Update
I suddenly am having problems with Microsoft Update. No matter what updates I
try to install, they fail! It says there is a problem with my computer that
is preventing the updates from being installed. I have tried everything I can
think of. Please help!
TaurArian

Re: Microsoft Update
How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update
Services installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or by
using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

You Cannot Install Some Updates or Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

You cannot install updates that you download from the Windows Update Web site on a Windows
XP-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934648/

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Sapper69" <Sapper69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I suddenly am having problems with Microsoft Update. No matter what updates I
| try to install, they fail! It says there is a problem with my computer that
| is preventing the updates from being installed. I have tried everything I can
| think of. Please help!

flyingkoen

RE: Microsoft Update
It looks like I have the same problem.
PC wouldn't start anymore due to a file missing in system32, had to restart
with Windows CD; worked again after that. But now I always receive teh same
message:
Automatic Update failed. it downloads the updates, but fails to install!
anyone knows what to do?

"Sapper69" wrote:

> I suddenly am having problems with Microsoft Update. No matter what updates I
> try to install, they fail! It says there is a problem with my computer that
> is preventing the updates from being installed. I have tried everything I can
> think of. Please help!

Dreamwalker01

RE: Microsoft Update
I downloaded XP SP3 and could not install any downloads even when I took my
firewall down. Came here and read about issues involving SP3 and they said to
dump it from my system and reload it, so far I have not found it again and my
system is running like CRAP! And I have 3 hard drives over 260g!!! I sure
wish microsoft would tell me how to fix my system now that their software has
screwed it up!

"Sapper69" wrote:

> I suddenly am having problems with Microsoft Update. No matter what updates I
> try to install, they fail! It says there is a problem with my computer that
> is preventing the updates from being installed. I have tried everything I can
> think of. Please help!

TaurArian

Re: Microsoft Update
How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 3 from your computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950249

FYI
Release notes for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Some third-party programs may experience a change in functionality after you install
Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947309

How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389

and finally - where to get help

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows XP, but
only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid until April 14, 2009. For
more information about this policy, visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is available only
in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP issues, visit the Help and
Support site at http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173, and then choose
your product.

.. US:

.. CA:

.. UK:

.. AU:

.. Other:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173
select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

--

news2242548-5E04-415B-BE82-0485A091336A@microsoft.com...