Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool

TicktOffCustomer

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool
I absolutely hate it that when I checked for updates for my Windows XP Tablet
PC Edition that it downloaded and installed Windows Genuine Advantage
Validation Tool AGAIN!! How many times do I have to download this so that
Microsoft can check to make sure my Operating System is legit???

This download did not inform me it was Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
Tool or I would have cancelled it. Instead, it wasted 9 minutes of my time
going through its Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool rigamarole and
after all that, it did not give me any kind of "Yes, you do indeed have a
legitimate copy of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition" message.

Grow up Microsoft! It's stunts like this that further alienate your customer
base. Get a life (can you hear the sarcasm dripping??). . . why not give us
something truly useful instead of one of your pirate searchers.

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool
WGA Validation Tool (not to be confused with WGA Notifications application;
KB905474) is an ActiveX Control that MUST be installed in order to use
Windows Update website. It is frequently updated.

If you don't wish to install any more WGA Validation Tool updates, cease
using Windows Update website and rely solely on Automatic Updates.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

TicktOffCustomer wrote:
> I absolutely hate it that when I checked for updates for my Windows XP
> Tablet PC Edition that it downloaded and installed Windows Genuine
> Advantage Validation Tool AGAIN!! How many times do I have to download
> this
> so that Microsoft can check to make sure my Operating System is legit???
>
> This download did not inform me it was Windows Genuine Advantage
> Validation
> Tool or I would have cancelled it. Instead, it wasted 9 minutes of my time
> going through its Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool rigamarole
> and
> after all that, it did not give me any kind of "Yes, you do indeed have a
> legitimate copy of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition" message.
>
> Grow up Microsoft! It's stunts like this that further alienate your
> customer
> base. Get a life (can you hear the sarcasm dripping??). . . why not give
> us
> something truly useful instead of one of your pirate searchers.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool
The WGA file needs to be updated every so often.
It takes 15 seconds to download and three seconds
to validate your system.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"TicktOffCustomer" wrote:

> I absolutely hate it that when I checked for updates for my Windows XP Tablet
> PC Edition that it downloaded and installed Windows Genuine Advantage
> Validation Tool AGAIN!! How many times do I have to download this so that
> Microsoft can check to make sure my Operating System is legit???
>
> This download did not inform me it was Windows Genuine Advantage Validation
> Tool or I would have cancelled it. Instead, it wasted 9 minutes of my time
> going through its Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool rigamarole and
> after all that, it did not give me any kind of "Yes, you do indeed have a
> legitimate copy of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition" message.
>
> Grow up Microsoft! It's stunts like this that further alienate your customer
> base. Get a life (can you hear the sarcasm dripping??). . . why not give us
> something truly useful instead of one of your pirate searchers.

riftforce

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool
I am trying to update my laptop computer, which of course, just went outside
it's warranty period. I try to go onto the Windows update site and it tells
me that the WGA program is not installed, even though it shows installed in
my add / remove programs file.

For the last couple of months, I have been unable to use the update site.
HOw can I re-install the WGA update so the update site can actually find it
on my computer and I can continue using my program again?