new services after SP3

Caracal

new services after SP3
Greetings,

Where one can read detailed information about new services (if any)
introduced by XP SP3
and most importantly which of those services can be Disabled or at least set
to Manual
if some of those should not be disabled.?

Thank you in advance.

TaurArian

Re: new services after SP3
List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

Release Notes for Windows XP Service Pack 3

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Caracal" <veryfar@someplace.net> wrote in message
| Greetings,
|
| Where one can read detailed information about new services (if any)
| introduced by XP SP3
| and most importantly which of those services can be Disabled or at least set
| to Manual
| if some of those should not be disabled.?
|
| Thank you in advance.

Caracal

Re: new services after SP3
>List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

Hi TaurArian,

Thanks for reply.

Well, that is very important little List of extremely powerful Hotfixes and
Security Updates starting from the time of French Revolution.

Preparing myself for exciting reading... I hope I will find what I asked
for:

What new Services were introduced by XP SP3?

After first reading of all articles you referred me too I may probably find
(most likely not)

Services like:

Health Key and Certificate Management Service

Wired AutoConfig

Network Access Protection Agent

Extensible Authentication Protocol Service

==========

Now when I know : I have to read all that again and again

I will search for the second part of my question: Can I Disable those or set
to Manual?

I hope that after the third reading, when I have an extensive knowledge of
all Patches for all Holes I will be able to Disable those Services

Thank you for your time

beamish

RE: new services after SP3

"Caracal" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Where one can read detailed information about new services (if any)
> introduced by XP SP3
> and most importantly which of those services can be Disabled or at least set
> to Manual
> if some of those should not be disabled.?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Hello,
Try this site, may have the information you seek.
http://www.blackviper.com/index.html
take care.
beamish.
Caracal

Re: new services after SP3
Thanks a lot beamish,

That's different story.
Now I can get some valuable information about
those services I mentioned already...
.... sure - I found them myself - not in that humiliating List initially
posted as a reply :-)
Much appreciated
Take care, beamish.

RHinNC

Re: new services after SP3
All you have to do is perform a google search of those processes. Quickly
you will know what they do, if they can be disabled, removed, etc.

Let google be your friend.

> >List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

> Hi TaurArian,
>

> Thanks for reply.
>

> Well, that is very important little List of extremely powerful Hotfixes
> and Security Updates starting from the time of French Revolution.
>
> Preparing myself for exciting reading... I hope I will find what I asked
> for:
>
> What new Services were introduced by XP SP3?
>
> After first reading of all articles you referred me too I may probably
> find (most likely not)
>
> Services like:
>
> Health Key and Certificate Management Service
>
> Wired AutoConfig
>
> Network Access Protection Agent
>
> Extensible Authentication Protocol Service
>
> ==========
>
> Now when I know : I have to read all that again and again
>
> I will search for the second part of my question: Can I Disable those or
> set to Manual?
>

> I hope that after the third reading, when I have an extensive knowledge of
> all Patches for all Holes I will be able to Disable those Services
>

> Thank you for your time

Caracal

Re: new services after SP3
Thanks RHinNC,

I am with "my friend" :-) and it helped.
Those services were already in my reply to TaurArian yesterday
and today beamish pointed good site as well.
All in progress. I have 47 services Disabled here... and I want some more
:-)
Cheers