WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe

Sulasno

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
should I install the above file?

Shenan Stanley

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
Sulasno wrote:
> should I install the above file?

Really vague on the details...

- Do you have Windows XP (some 32bit version to be specific)?
- Where did you get the executable from?
- Why are you asking?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Sulasno

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
running WinXP SP3

the file is MS installer 4.5

> Sulasno wrote:
>> should I install the above file?

> Really vague on the details...
>
> - Do you have Windows XP (some 32bit version to be specific)?
> - Where did you get the executable from?
> - Why are you asking?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Sulasno wrote:

> should I install the above file?

Do you have a URL to a Microsoft web page describing the file and providing a
download link? Did you download it yourself from the link provided?

If the answer to either question is no, then you should not install the file.

If the answer to both questions is yes, please provide us with the URL, and
advise us why you think you might need to install it.

Harry.
TaurArian

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
Windows Installer 4.5 is available

Was if offered via Windows Update or did you go looking for it?
--

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008

"Sulasno" wrote:

> running WinXP SP3
>
> the file is MS installer 4.5
>
> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Sulasno wrote:
> >> should I install the above file?

> > Really vague on the details...
> >
> > - Do you have Windows XP (some 32bit version to be specific)?
> > - Where did you get the executable from?
> > - Why are you asking?
> >
> > --
> > Shenan Stanley
> > MS-MVP
> > --
> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Sulasno

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
I got it from one of the sites that tracks software and updates;
it was suppose to be a file that most OSes can use;
instead I went to MS's site (sorry but I didn't keep the link);
MS offered a single file for WInXP instead and I downloaded it from MS.
Went to Winupdate and couldn't see this file being offered.
I guess it was not necessary for my system since I didn't see it on
Winupdate

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
> Windows Installer 4.5 is available
>
> Was if offered via Windows Update or did you go looking for it?
> --
>
> --------------------------------
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008
> Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Sulasno" wrote:
>
>> running WinXP SP3
>>
>> the file is MS installer 4.5
>>
>> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Really vague on the details...
>> >
>> > - Do you have Windows XP (some 32bit version to be specific)?
>> > - Where did you get the executable from?
>> > - Why are you asking?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Shenan Stanley
>> > MS-MVP
>> > --
>> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>> > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Engel

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en>
- -- ---

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

> Sulasno wrote:
>
> > should I install the above file?

> Do you have a URL to a Microsoft web page describing the file and providing a
> download link? Did you download it yourself from the link provided?
>
> If the answer to either question is no, then you should not install the file.
>
> If the answer to both questions is yes, please provide us with the URL, and
> advise us why you think you might need to install it.
>
> Harry.

TaurArian

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
I actually (as an experiment) installed it.

I'm not saying install it, perhaps wait until it's offered.

See what happens.
--

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008

"Sulasno" wrote:

> I got it from one of the sites that tracks software and updates;
> it was suppose to be a file that most OSes can use;
> instead I went to MS's site (sorry but I didn't keep the link);
> MS offered a single file for WInXP instead and I downloaded it from MS.
> Went to Winupdate and couldn't see this file being offered.
> I guess it was not necessary for my system since I didn't see it on
> Winupdate
>
> "TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
> > Windows Installer 4.5 is available
> >
> > Was if offered via Windows Update or did you go looking for it?
> > --
> >
> > --------------------------------
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008
> > Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >

> > "Sulasno" wrote:
> >
> >> running WinXP SP3
> >>
> >> the file is MS installer 4.5

halil demiray

amına koduğumun piçleri
ben b?yle adresin ta amina koyayim ne bu la siktigimin pi?lersi

Sulasno wrote:

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
03-Jun-08

should I install the above file?

On Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:11 PM
Sulasno wrote:

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
should I install the above file?

Sulasno wrote:

Really vague on the details...

- Do you have Windows XP (some 32bit version to be specific)?
- Where did you get the executable from?
- Why are you asking?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:51 AM
Sulasno wrote:

running WinXP SP3the file is MS installer 4.
running WinXP SP3

the file is MS installer 4.5

Sulasno wrote:

Do you have a URL to a Microsoft web page describing the file and providing a
download link? Did you download it yourself from the link provided?

If the answer to either question is no, then you should not install the file.

If the answer to both questions is yes, please provide us with the URL, and
advise us why you think you might need to install it.

Harry.

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:13 AM
taurarianREMOVECAP wrote:

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
Windows Installer 4.5 is available

Was if offered via Windows Update or did you go looking for it?
--

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Sulasno" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:01 AM
Sulasno wrote:

I got it from one of the sites that tracks software and updates;it was suppose
I got it from one of the sites that tracks software and updates;
it was suppose to be a file that most OSes can use;
instead I went to MS's site (sorry but I didn't keep the link);
MS offered a single file for WInXP instead and I downloaded it from MS.
Went to Winupdate and couldn't see this file being offered.
I guess it was not necessary for my system since I didn't see it on
Winupdate

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:41 AM
Enge wrote:

Re: WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en>
- -- ---

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:03 PM
taurarianREMOVECAP wrote:

I actually (as an experiment) installed it.
I actually (as an experiment) installed it.

I'm not saying install it, perhaps wait until it's offered.

See what happens.
--

--------------------------------
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008
Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Sulasno" wrote:

On Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:23 AM
lody alashry wrote:

WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

ASP.NET 2.0 - Safely Compile And Execute Source Code Dynamically
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...fely-comp.aspx