Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails

[Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]

Vista or Vista SP1?

What "Cumulative Security Update for IE7"?

If you have a Case ID, you must've gotten an email response from MS: Have
you replied to that email to say that you're still having the problem (or if
phone support, have you called back)?

============================

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

=============================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB987654).

!!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call
the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which
is 47830). <= !!!

Windows Update-specific newsgroup:

BoydM wrote:
> I'm running Vista Ultimate. The Cumulative Security Update for IE7 showed
> up
> a few weeks ago through auto update and failed with Code 80070002.
> I followed the "Get Help" instructions with no success.
> I scanned this newsgroup:
> tried installing from "Safe Mode" startup with no success.
> I submitted an error report (Case ID: SRX1068240515) and have received
> little to no help.
>
> Suggestions??

BoydM

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Vista

> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> Vista or Vista SP1?
>
> What "Cumulative Security Update for IE7"?
>
> If you have a Case ID, you must've gotten an email response from MS: Have
> you replied to that email to say that you're still having the problem (or
> if phone support, have you called back)?
>
> ============================
>
> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download
> an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>
> =============================

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> KB987654).
>
> !!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
> (which is 47830). <= !!!

> Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> BoydM wrote:
>> I'm running Vista Ultimate. The Cumulative Security Update for IE7 showed
>> up
>> a few weeks ago through auto update and failed with Code 80070002.
>> I followed the "Get Help" instructions with no success.
>> I scanned this newsgroup:
>> tried installing from "Safe Mode" startup with no success.
>> I submitted an error report (Case ID: SRX1068240515) and have received
>> little to no help.
>>
>> Suggestions??

BoydM

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Sorry hit send button to quick

Vista
KB947864
Yes I got email from MS - followed recommendation - emailed that I still
have the problem and no more response.

> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>
> Vista or Vista SP1?
>
> What "Cumulative Security Update for IE7"?
>
> If you have a Case ID, you must've gotten an email response from MS: Have
> you replied to that email to say that you're still having the problem (or
> if phone support, have you called back)?
>
> ============================
>
> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download
> an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>
> =============================

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> KB987654).
>
> !!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
> (which is 47830). <= !!!

> Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> BoydM wrote:
>> I'm running Vista Ultimate. The Cumulative Security Update for IE7 showed
>> up
>> a few weeks ago through auto update and failed with Code 80070002.
>> I followed the "Get Help" instructions with no success.
>> I scanned this newsgroup:
>> tried installing from "Safe Mode" startup with no success.
>> I submitted an error report (Case ID: SRX1068240515) and have received
>> little to no help.
>>
>> Suggestions??

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Thanks. Please keep us informed as to your progress.

That being said, have you tried the Resolution in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336?
--
~PA Bear

BoydM wrote:
> Sorry hit send button to quick
>
> Vista
> KB947864
> Yes I got email from MS - followed recommendation - emailed that I still
> have the problem and no more response.

>> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>>
>> Vista or Vista SP1?
>>
>> What "Cumulative Security Update for IE7"?
>>
>> If you have a Case ID, you must've gotten an email response from MS: Have
>> you replied to that email to say that you're still having the problem (or
>> if phone support, have you called back)?
>>
>> ============================
>>
>> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download
>> an
>> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
>> Update Services:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>>
>> =============================

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB987654).
>>
>> !!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
>> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue
>> (which is 47830). <= !!!
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>> --
>> Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
>>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> BoydM wrote:
>>> I'm running Vista Ultimate. The Cumulative Security Update for IE7
>>> showed
>>> up
>>> a few weeks ago through auto update and failed with Code 80070002.
>>> I followed the "Get Help" instructions with no success.
>>> I scanned this newsgroup:
>>> tried installing from "Safe Mode" startup with no success.
>>> I submitted an error report (Case ID: SRX1068240515) and have received
>>> little to no help.
>>>
>>> Suggestions??

BoydM

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Will do

Yes I have been through the 910336 process.
Still no-joy

> Thanks. Please keep us informed as to your progress.
>
> That being said, have you tried the Resolution in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> BoydM wrote:
>> Sorry hit send button to quick
>>
>> Vista
>> KB947864
>> Yes I got email from MS - followed recommendation - emailed that I still
>> have the problem and no more response.

>>> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>>>
>>> Vista or Vista SP1?
>>>
>>> What "Cumulative Security Update for IE7"?
>>>
>>> If you have a Case ID, you must've gotten an email response from MS:
>>> Have
>>> you replied to that email to say that you're still having the problem
>>> (or
>>> if phone support, have you called back)?
>>>
>>> ============================
>>>
>>> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download
>>> an
>>> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows
>>> Server
>>> Update Services:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>>>
>>> =============================
>>>
>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>>
>>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
>>> with
>>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>>> KB987654).
>>>
>>> !!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
>>> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7
>>> queue
>>> (which is 47830). <= !!!
>>>
>>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary
>>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>> --
>>> Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
>>>
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

BoydM

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
PA - I have not heard from the MS support guy since 5/29 when he asked for
some info and a screen shot which I sent right away. Should I expect quicker
response than this?

> Thanks. Please keep us informed as to your progress.
>
> That being said, have you tried the Resolution in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> BoydM wrote:
>> Sorry hit send button to quick
>>
>> Vista
>> KB947864
>> Yes I got email from MS - followed recommendation - emailed that I still
>> have the problem and no more response.

>>> [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup]
>>>
>>> Vista or Vista SP1?
>>>
>>> What "Cumulative Security Update for IE7"?
>>>
>>> If you have a Case ID, you must've gotten an email response from MS:
>>> Have
>>> you replied to that email to say that you're still having the problem
>>> (or
>>> if phone support, have you called back)?
>>>
>>> ============================
>>>
>>> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download
>>> an
>>> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows
>>> Server
>>> Update Services:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>>>
>>> =============================
>>>
>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>>
>>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
>>> with
>>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>>> KB987654).
>>>
>>> !!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
>>> call the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7
>>> queue
>>> (which is 47830). <= !!!
>>>
>>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary
>>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>> --
>>> Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
>>>
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Can you answer my question first, please?

BoydM wrote:
> PA - I have not heard from the MS support guy since 5/29 when he asked for
> some info and a screen shot which I sent right away. Should I expect
> quicker
> response than this?

>> Thanks. Please keep us informed as to your progress.
>>
>> That being said, have you tried the Resolution in
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336?
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> BoydM wrote:
>>> Sorry hit send button to quick
>>>
>>> Vista
>>> KB947864
>>> Yes I got email from MS - followed recommendation - emailed that I still
>>> have the problem and no more response.

BoydM

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
I did on 6/4 :

> Can you answer my question first, please?
>
> BoydM wrote:
>> PA - I have not heard from the MS support guy since 5/29 when he asked
>> for
>> some info and a screen shot which I sent right away. Should I expect
>> quicker
>> response than this?

>>> Thanks. Please keep us informed as to your progress.
>>>
>>> That being said, have you tried the Resolution in
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336?
>>> --
>>> ~PA Bear

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Sorry, you made two (2) replies to my post of 03 June and I guess I didn't
see the first one.

Yes, I'd expect to have heard from MS Support again since you submitted the
screenshot on 29 May. You can send the tech a follow-up email reply to his
last message (make sure it includes your SRX number; if the tech's email
address is name@windows.microsoft.com, delete the "windows" part before
sending).

Or you can call (if you reside in the US or CA) & mention the SRX number:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB947864).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE,
call the above number and ask to be transferred to the "Consumer IE7" queue
(which is 47830).

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!

NB: We expect a new Cumulative Security Update for IE to be released next
week! See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=33721
--
~PA Bear

BoydM wrote:
> I did on 6/4 :
> "Yes I have been through the 910336 process.
> Still no-joy"

>> Can you answer my question first, please?
>>
>> BoydM wrote:
>>> PA - I have not heard from the MS support guy since 5/29 when he asked
>>> for
>>> some info and a screen shot which I sent right away. Should I expect
>>> quicker
>>> response than this?

BoydM

Re: IE7 Cumulative Update Fails
Thanks PA - all things considered, especially the time this is taking, I may
just wait until the new update comes out next week.