0x80070422 services.msc

wop_wop

0x80070422 services.msc
I get this error message.
I did services.msc
then automatic updates properties then
changed to automatic because it was on disabled but
when i got to click start after it say:

Error 1058: Cannot start because it has been disabled or nothing is
assiciated with it

Please help
Eddie Bowers [MSFT]

RE: 0x80070422 services.msc
Go ahead and try the reset tool to see if it will fix this (it reinstalls
the service among other things)
www.codeplex.com/aureset

Eddie Bowers
Security Support
Microsoft Corporation

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: 0x80070422 services.msc
Scan the system for the presence of Vundo/Virtumonde:

Tutorial for Kapersky Online Scanner
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15574

Kaspersky Online Scanner
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

IF variants of Vundo are present, save the report according to the
tutorial. Then seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum.
Please read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting:

http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

When the system is deemed to be clean, then use the AU|WU Reset Tool
that Eddie supplied the URL for.

That *should* restore updating.
If not, post back here.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

wop_wop wrote:

> I get this error message.
> I did services.msc
> then automatic updates properties then
> changed to automatic because it was on disabled but
> when i got to click start after it say:
>
> Error 1058: Cannot start because it has been disabled or nothing is
> assiciated with it
>
> Please help

kipper

RE: 0x80070422 services.msc

--
001a70b05894

"wop_wop" wrote:

> I get this error message.
> I did services.msc
> then automatic updates properties then
> changed to automatic because it was on disabled but
> when i got to click start after it say:
>
> Error 1058: Cannot start because it has been disabled or nothing is
> assiciated with it
>
> Please help

mgranz

Re: 0x80070422 services.msc

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Scan the system for the presence of Vundo/Virtumonde:
>
> Tutorial for Kapersky Online Scanner
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15574
>
> Kaspersky Online Scanner
> http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
>
> IF variants of Vundo are present, save the report according to the
> tutorial. Then seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum.
> Please read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting:
>
> http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html
> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
> http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
> http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
> http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
> http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
>
> When the system is deemed to be clean, then use the AU|WU Reset Tool
> that Eddie supplied the URL for.
>
> That *should* restore updating.
> If not, post back here.
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> wop_wop wrote:
>
> > I get this error message.
> > I did services.msc
> > then automatic updates properties then
> > changed to automatic because it was on disabled but
> > when i got to click start after it say:
> >
> > Error 1058: Cannot start because it has been disabled or nothing is
> > assiciated with it
> >
> > Please help

harewood

RE: 0x80070422 services.msc
I know this is an old entry but this information may be useful to others..
If windows update is disabled in control panel, via system policy, and you
have admin or root access, you can put this in a batch file.
REM #Restore AU control panel
reg copy
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wi ndows\WindowsUpdate"
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wi ndows\WindowsUpdate-" /s /f
reg delete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wi ndows\WindowsUpdate" /f

--
../harewood

"kipper" wrote:

> --
> 001a70b05894
>

> "wop_wop" wrote:
>
> > I get this error message.
> > I did services.msc
> > then automatic updates properties then
> > changed to automatic because it was on disabled but
> > when i got to click start after it say:
> >
> > Error 1058: Cannot start because it has been disabled or nothing is
> > assiciated with it
> >
> > Please help

Re: 0x80070422 services.msc
....which the hijackware infection will immediately undo as soon as you
reboot.

harewood wrote:
> I know this is an old entry but this information may be useful to others..
> If windows update is disabled in control panel, via system policy, and you
> have admin or root access, you can put this in a batch file.
> REM #Restore AU control panel
> reg copy
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wi ndows\WindowsUpdate"
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wi ndows\WindowsUpdate-" /s
> /f reg delete
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Wi ndows\WindowsUpdate" /f
>

>> --
>> 001a70b05894
>>

>> "wop_wop" wrote:
>>
>>> I get this error message.
>>> I did services.msc
>>> then automatic updates properties then
>>> changed to automatic because it was on disabled but
>>> when i got to click start after it say:
>>>
>>> Error 1058: Cannot start because it has been disabled or nothing is
>>> assiciated with it
>>>
>>> Please help

QUEQUE4SHO

Re: 0x80070422 services.msc
This is going on now with me. I was wondering if there was a fix for it yet