windows vista error code 57E

drumro2

windows vista error code 57E
hi,
I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any time I
tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft but
cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue than I
started with. Can someone pls help me.

Re: windows vista error code 57E
Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 (ignore the title and Symptoms)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

drumro2 wrote:
> hi,
> I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any time
> tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
> failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft
> but
> cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue
> than
> I started with. Can someone pls help me.

Je

Re: windows vista error code 57E
I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a Mac
with Vista. I installed SP 3 on the Mac with Vista, but the Dell E1505 with
Vista won't instll the SP and gives me the same error code 57e with no
explanation.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 (ignore the title and Symptoms)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> drumro2 wrote:
> > hi,
> > I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any time
> > tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
> > failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft
> > but
> > cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue
> > than
> > I started with. Can someone pls help me.

Re: windows vista error code 57E
Did you look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 ??

If you need further assistance, please begin a new thread about /your/
problem.

Je wrote:
> I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a
> Mac with Vista. I installed SP 3 on the Mac with Vista, but the Dell E1505
> with Vista won't instll the SP and gives me the same error code 57e with
> no
> explanation.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 (ignore the title and
>> Symptoms)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> drumro2 wrote:
>>> hi,
>>> I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any
>>> time
>>> tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
>>> failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft
>>> but
>>> cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue
>>> than
>>> I started with. Can someone pls help me.

Je

Re: windows vista error code 57E
I am going to bed now, and will look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
It is a clean installation of the laptop after a total crash. I had trouble
installing Office 2003 and Access 2003 and had service reps from Microsoft
*on the phone* with me who told me not to worry about the 4 error codes to
the registry during installation. I will start a new thread after I try the
things in the support file.

Thanks!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 ??
>
> If you need further assistance, please begin a new thread about /your/
> problem.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Je wrote:
> > I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a
> > Mac with Vista. I installed SP 3 on the Mac with Vista, but the Dell E1505
> > with Vista won't instll the SP and gives me the same error code 57e with
> > no
> > explanation.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?
> >>
> >> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 (ignore the title and
> >> Symptoms)
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

puzzledpete

"drumro2" wrote:

> hi,
> I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any time I
> tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
> failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft but
> cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue than I
> started with. Can someone pls help me.

CHARLES BAFFOE

Error in updating, Code57E and Code490
Anytime l try update my windows vista basic PC l get this error code, so l need help of how to solve this problem. Thanx.

puzzledpet wrote:

RE: windows vista error code 57E
04-Sep-08

"drumro2" wrote:

On June 2, 2008 7:36 PM
drumro wrote:

windows vista error code 57E
hi,
I have had problems installing updates downloaded automatically. Any time I
tried installing them, at the end of the process is always installation
failed with error code 57E. It will prompt me to get help from microsoft but
cannot find any. Everytime I tried I get more confused about the issue than I
started with. Can someone pls help me.

On June 2, 2008 7:54 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?
Windows version? What updates were you attempting to install?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 (ignore the title and Symptoms)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

drumro2 wrote:

On June 18, 2008 9:17 PM
J wrote:

I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a Mac
I have Windows Vista and just installed Office 2003 on my laptop and on a Mac
with Vista. I installed SP 3 on the Mac with Vista, but the Dell E1505 with
Vista won't instll the SP and gives me the same error code 57e with no
explanation.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On June 18, 2008 9:46 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: windows vista error code 57E
Did you look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 ??

If you need further assistance, please begin a new thread about /your/
problem.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Je wrote:

On June 18, 2008 10:35 PM
J wrote:

I am going to bed now, and will look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
I am going to bed now, and will look at this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
It is a clean installation of the laptop after a total crash. I had trouble
installing Office 2003 and Access 2003 and had service reps from Microsoft
*on the phone* with me who told me not to worry about the 4 error codes to
the registry during installation. I will start a new thread after I try the
things in the support file.

Thanks!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On September 4, 2008 10:50 AM
puzzledpet wrote:

RE: windows vista error code 57E
"drumro2" wrote:

On May 3, 2009 1:31 AM
Linden wrote:

Error Code 57E
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On June 23, 2009 6:02 PM
Annie Derksen wrote:

57E
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On June 23, 2009 6:03 PM
Annie Derksen wrote:

57E
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On July 30, 2009 5:14 AM
kamal wrote:

windows vista error code 57e
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Flat file parsing with extra Line Feed at end..
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...g-with-ex.aspx