Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

"pick a time to install updates"

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2008
frogpond49
 

Posts: n/a
"pick a time to install updates"
My system is windows xp with service pack 2. When I manually check the update
site and click on the icon "pick a time to install updates" Install New
updates is always set for 3a.m. I keep attempting to change the time to 8
a.m. But the time always reverts back to 3a.m. How can I schedule the
updates to start running at 8a.m.???
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "pick a time to install updates"
One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
(Free, Pro, & Security Suite).

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

frogpond49 wrote:
> My system is windows xp with service pack 2. When I manually check the
> update site and click on the icon "pick a time to install updates" Install
> New updates is always set for 3a.m. I keep attempting to change the time
> to
> 8 a.m. But the time always reverts back to 3a.m. How can I schedule the
> updates to start running at 8a.m.???


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2008
frogpond49
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "pick a time to install updates"
I do have spybot installed on my computer. Possibly I can turn off Spybot Tea
Timer??

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
> but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
> (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> frogpond49 wrote:
> > My system is windows xp with service pack 2. When I manually check the
> > update site and click on the icon "pick a time to install updates" Install
> > New updates is always set for 3a.m. I keep attempting to change the time
> > to
> > 8 a.m. But the time always reverts back to 3a.m. How can I schedule the
> > updates to start running at 8a.m.???

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: "pick a time to install updates"
See if disabling Spybot Tea Timer makes any difference. See
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409

NB: If you don't fully understand what Tea Timer does and how it does it,
leave it permanently disabled.
--
~PA Bear


frogpond49 wrote:
> I do have spybot installed on my computer. Possibly I can turn off Spybot
> Tea Timer??
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
>> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These
>> include but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
>> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
>> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone
>> Alarm (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> frogpond49 wrote:
>>> My system is windows xp with service pack 2. When I manually check the
>>> update site and click on the icon "pick a time to install updates"
>>> Install
>>> New updates is always set for 3a.m. I keep attempting to change the time
>>> to
>>> 8 a.m. But the time always reverts back to 3a.m. How can I schedule the
>>> updates to start running at 8a.m.???


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC boots to black screen. How to reinstall Vista ("upgrade", not "clean" install) Marvin Hlavac microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 8 11-16-2008 02:23
Create your own template then have it there to pick from in "customize this folder" in explorer? markm75c@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 3 05-31-2008 05:49
"install updates and shut down" won't go away dontspam@dontspam.dontspam microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-25-2008 22:56
Article ID: 929837 Error message when you try to install multiple language packs at the same time in Windows Vista Enterprise: "80070008 ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 943000 A hotfix is available to update the "(GMT-3:00) Brasilia" time zone and the "(GMT-4:00) Manaus" time zone for 2007 through 2008 in Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120