win install update

LlaneIIi

win install update
I also have similar problem,repeatedly offered kb942764 winxp home windows
update sp3.IE7.
When i ran the update it said it failed, and i can't seem to find a fix for
this.Please help me with this TIA.
Shenan Stanley

Re: win install update
LlaneIIi wrote:
> I also have similar problem

You have a similar problem to what?!
You started a whole new posting.

> repeatedly offered kb942764 winxp home

I have no idea what KB Article 942764 is. Either something is wrong with
the Microsoft Support Web Pages right now or that article is gone... (Or a
typo on your part?)

> windows update sp3.IE7.
> When i ran the update it said it failed, and i can't seem to find a
> fix for this.Please help me with this TIA.

Did you try getting the individual update manually?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

LlaneIIi

Re: win install update
Sorry I was looking for something posted, to the same problems i am having
with windows update. KB942763 is asking me to update and stuck on my taskbar
is a yellow triangle,when i tried to update it failed.Repeatedly wants me to
install this update.How can i fix this problem?

LlaneIIi wrote:
> Sorry I was looking for something posted, to the same problems i am
> having with windows update. KB942763 is asking me to update and
> stuck on my taskbar is a yellow triangle,when i tried to update it
> failed.Repeatedly wants me to install this update.How can i fix
> this problem?

Download the appropriate update for your situation/system and install it
manually:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942763

I would bet you want:
Download the Update for Windows XP package now.
(
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...E-F44CAE1F8DC9 )
(Validate, Download, Install from the saved file.)

The strange part is that this update is included in Service Pack 3 for
Windows XP... You stated you have Windows XP SP3 installed?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

sanka