XP - Windows Update reloads in itself inside its window!

buzz44

XP - Windows Update reloads in itself inside its window!
Hello ,

I am having a problem with Windows Update where if I choose to filter the
downloads by type, i.e the links under "Select By Type" Windows Update will
reload itself inside the window. This happens when I select High Priority,
Software or Hardware. If I select "Install updates" that is fine and it shows
me what updated I have selected. This is fine for High Priority updates but I
have Software/Hardware updates that I want and I can't select them!

Please see the picture below.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/849/92492329qg8.png

I was using SP2, have since upgraded to SP3 and still the same problem.
Tried re-installing IE, same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks .
buzz44

RE: XP - Windows Update reloads in itself inside its window!
Nevermind. I have found a solution in a previous thread >
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1

"buzz44" wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> I am having a problem with Windows Update where if I choose to filter the
> downloads by type, i.e the links under "Select By Type" Windows Update will
> reload itself inside the window. This happens when I select High Priority,
> Software or Hardware. If I select "Install updates" that is fine and it shows
> me what updated I have selected. This is fine for High Priority updates but I
> have Software/Hardware updates that I want and I can't select them!
>
> Please see the picture below.
>
> http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/849/92492329qg8.png
>
> I was using SP2, have since upgraded to SP3 and still the same problem.
> Tried re-installing IE, same problem.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks .

Re: XP - Windows Update reloads in itself inside its window!
And the solution was...?

buzz44 wrote:
> Nevermind. I have found a solution in a previous thread >
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=en-us&m=1&p=1
>
> "buzz44" wrote:
>
>> Hello ,
>>
>> I am having a problem with Windows Update where if I choose to filter the
>> downloads by type, i.e the links under "Select By Type" Windows Update
>> will
>> reload itself inside the window. This happens when I select High
>> Priority,
>> Software or Hardware. If I select "Install updates" that is fine and it
>> shows me what updated I have selected. This is fine for High Priority
>> updates but I have Software/Hardware updates that I want and I can't
>> select them!
>>
>> Please see the picture below.
>>
>> http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/849/92492329qg8.png
>>
>> I was using SP2, have since upgraded to SP3 and still the same problem.
>> Tried re-installing IE, same problem.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks .

buzz44

Re: XP - Windows Update reloads in itself inside its window!
It's not that hard to look at the link I posted. I have BitComet installed
and the add-on was causing the issue. Disabling it fixed it.