SP3 installed but Outlook is running extremely slowly

Elceye

SP3 installed but Outlook is running extremely slowly
I installed SP3, and now my computer seems to be running very slowly. The
biggest problems seems to be with Outlook (I have Office 2007), where it
takes a long time to open emails, particularly emails with attachments that
can take 1 minute or more to open. It also takes much, much longer to
download emails than before. I've checked my broadband speed so the problem
isn't there, and it isn't my email provider since I can get emails on my Treo
as quickly as before. What can I get the speeds back to normal? I don't
particularly want to uninstall and reinstall SP3. Are there new updates that
Office 2007 will be doing to fix the problems? Do I need to repair Office
2007? Any advice on what to try to fix would be greatly appreciated.
Elceye

RE: SP3 installed but Outlook is running extremely slowly
I figured out the problem. Windows had turned Windows Firewall back on when
it installed SP3, and I also had Symantec on. When I turned off the Windows
Firewall the problems went away. (Thank you to my boyfriend for figuring this
out.)

"Elceye" wrote:

> I installed SP3, and now my computer seems to be running very slowly. The
> biggest problems seems to be with Outlook (I have Office 2007), where it
> takes a long time to open emails, particularly emails with attachments that
> can take 1 minute or more to open. It also takes much, much longer to
> download emails than before. I've checked my broadband speed so the problem
> isn't there, and it isn't my email provider since I can get emails on my Treo
> as quickly as before. What can I get the speeds back to normal? I don't
> particularly want to uninstall and reinstall SP3. Are there new updates that
> Office 2007 will be doing to fix the problems? Do I need to repair Office
> 2007? Any advice on what to try to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SP3 installed but Outlook is running extremely slowly
Well, yes, having 2 firewalls enabled can cause such behavior! <eg>