KB947562 does not install (failed)

jcjayhawk

KB947562 does not install (failed)
Interestingly, my four month old computer with Vista and SP1 which normally
runs great, has begun acting up a little ... Primary problem is that I have
tried to install this update now six times, and every time it fails. One
other issue seems to be ... slow boot time. I have run chkdsk and defrgged
the HD, and fine tuned as much as I know how ... still sloooooww boot ups,
and no install of the update ... Vista being Vista I guess....

Any ideas folks ? Thanks

Re: KB947562 does not install (failed)
You managed to begin a new thread!

See if you can install it manually:

1. Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-46E454DF3063,
Validate, then download; SAVE the file to your desktop, do not RUN it!

2. Working offline and with your anti-virus application temporarily
disabled, right-click on the saved file (Windows6.0-KB947562-x86.msu) and
select Run As Administrator to install.

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 (including
getting this update installed) is available at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

wc0938975120@hotmail.com.tw

"wc0938975120@hotmail.com.tw" wrote:

> "jcjayhawk" wrote:
>
> > Interestingly, my four month old computer with Vista and SP1 which normally
> > runs great, has begun acting up a little ... Primary problem is that I have
> > tried to install this update now six times, and every time it fails. One
> > other issue seems to be ... slow boot time. I have run chkdsk and defrgged
> > the HD, and fine tuned as much as I know how ... still sloooooww boot ups,
> > and no install of the update ... Vista being Vista I guess....
> >
> > Any ideas folks ? Thanks

Bob Eyster

Re: KB947562 does not install (failed)
This update is a "recommended update" and is install Manually only if the
box is checked next to install recommended updates. Uncheck this box and it
won't install automatically

--

Bob Eyster
MS Windows Vista Home Premium

"jcjayhawk" <jcjayhawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Interestingly, my four month old computer with Vista and SP1 which
> normally
> runs great, has begun acting up a little ... Primary problem is that I
> have
> tried to install this update now six times, and every time it fails. One
> other issue seems to be ... slow boot time. I have run chkdsk and
> defrgged
> the HD, and fine tuned as much as I know how ... still sloooooww boot ups,
> and no install of the update ... Vista being Vista I guess....
>
> Any ideas folks ? Thanks

Joris Claeys

Re: KB947562 does not install (failed)
Dear Robear,

You are an MS MVP, so maybe you should read some other threads around KB
947562 and note that there are seveer issues. I assume you can contact MS
easily and ask what they are doing about it. Also in Technet several threads
have started and I posted my story in on of the threads on this forum and on
another forum in this VISTA help forum (Accounts and organization or
something like that). check it out and you may notice that this update is
making people nuts. I am stuck and seem to get nowhere answers. What is MS
doing and are they aware of the issues this update is causing.

Kindly let us know.
--
regards
Joris

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You managed to begin a new thread!
>
> See if you can install it manually:
>
> 1. Go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...8-46E454DF3063,
> Validate, then download; SAVE the file to your desktop, do not RUN it!
>
> 2. Working offline and with your anti-virus application temporarily
> disabled, right-click on the saved file (Windows6.0-KB947562-x86.msu) and
> select Run As Administrator to install.
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 (including
> getting this update installed) is available at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> jcjayhawk wrote:
> > Interestingly, my four month old computer with Vista and SP1 which
> > normally
> > runs great, has begun acting up a little ... Primary problem is that I
> > have
> > tried to install this update now six times, and every time it fails. One
> > other issue seems to be ... slow boot time. I have run chkdsk and
> > defrgged
> > the HD, and fine tuned as much as I know how ... still sloooooww boot ups,
> > and no install of the update ... Vista being Vista I guess....
> >
> > Any ideas folks ? Thanks

Re: KB947562 does not install (failed)
jcjayhawk was gracious enough to begin a new thread when I asked him to do
so after he'd posted a "Me, too!" message in cdlaney's thread. Please don't
muddy the waters by sticking your oar in his thread (or anyone else's
thread)...

....especially when you've got your *own* ongoing thread where you don't even
mention KB947562 nor have you replied to my reply! =>
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2c09a1c4c4ed6a

That being said, I am fully aware of other threads in this newsgroup
pertaining to the installation failure of KB947562, but I also note that
there are only six (6) of them. [Barely a dozen in all MS newsgroups!] If
such failures were widespread ("severe"), we'd expect to see sixty or six
hundred threads about it.

While I do have a few MS contacts, I cannot access them "easily" nor would
they necessarily be forthcoming with closely-held information. In this
regard, we are all equals.

MS MVPs are NOT MS employees nor do we represent MS.

In your thread, in this one, and in most other threads here about KB947562
installation issues, I've repeatedly posted links where users can obtain
assistance *directly from MS Support*. I'm not going to post them again.
--
~PA Bear

Joris Claeys wrote:
> Dear Robear,
>
> You are an MS MVP, so maybe you should read some other threads around KB
> 947562 and note that there are seveer issues. I assume you can contact MS
> easily and ask what they are doing about it. Also in Technet several
> threads
> have started and I posted my story in on of the threads on this forum and
> on
> another forum in this VISTA help forum (Accounts and organization or
> something like that). check it out and you may notice that this update is
> making people nuts. I am stuck and seem to get nowhere answers. What is MS
> doing and are they aware of the issues this update is causing.
>
> Kindly let us know.

<snip>

Joris Claeys

Re: KB947562 does not install (failed)
Robear and forum,
Apologies for the mix up / mess up, but I am getting desperate. To keep it
short I will be replying on my thread to your question. To be honest, it is
not very easy here to follow certain threads or the ones you started
yourself. I see you use google which makes it probably much easier, but you
need to be a member of that group at google.

Anyway sorry once more for the mess up.
--
regards
Joris

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> jcjayhawk was gracious enough to begin a new thread when I asked him to do
> so after he'd posted a "Me, too!" message in cdlaney's thread. Please don't
> muddy the waters by sticking your oar in his thread (or anyone else's
> thread)...
>
> ....especially when you've got your *own* ongoing thread where you don't even
> mention KB947562 nor have you replied to my reply! =>
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2c09a1c4c4ed6a
>
> That being said, I am fully aware of other threads in this newsgroup
> pertaining to the installation failure of KB947562, but I also note that
> there are only six (6) of them. [Barely a dozen in all MS newsgroups!] If
> such failures were widespread ("severe"), we'd expect to see sixty or six
> hundred threads about it.
>
> While I do have a few MS contacts, I cannot access them "easily" nor would
> they necessarily be forthcoming with closely-held information. In this
> regard, we are all equals.
>
> MS MVPs are NOT MS employees nor do we represent MS.
>
> In your thread, in this one, and in most other threads here about KB947562
> installation issues, I've repeatedly posted links where users can obtain
> assistance *directly from MS Support*. I'm not going to post them again.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Joris Claeys wrote:
> > Dear Robear,
> >
> > You are an MS MVP, so maybe you should read some other threads around KB
> > 947562 and note that there are seveer issues. I assume you can contact MS
> > easily and ask what they are doing about it. Also in Technet several
> > threads
> > have started and I posted my story in on of the threads on this forum and
> > on
> > another forum in this VISTA help forum (Accounts and organization or
> > something like that). check it out and you may notice that this update is
> > making people nuts. I am stuck and seem to get nowhere answers. What is MS
> > doing and are they aware of the issues this update is causing.
> >
> > Kindly let us know.

> <snip>

seksoft

Re: KB947562 does not install (failed)
have just updated windows vista as you sugested ,it worked fine. downloaded
to desktop,diconnected from internet, it installed perfectly thanks for your
help the link worked fine
--
Steve