New SP3 update problem

Freesia

New SP3 update problem
I have attempted to add SP3 3 times and each time I have to go thru the
"restore" process. It completley ruins my computer, I undrstand that if this
update isnt added, you wont be able to add any other updates. What could be
my problem? Would it be better to order the cd?
HELP!!
Freesia
Engel

RE: New SP3 update problem
Hello Freesia,

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3).

This support for SP3 is valid until April 14, 2009.

<http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

Good luck
- -- ---

"Freesia" wrote:

> I have attempted to add SP3 3 times and each time I have to go thru the
> "restore" process. It completley ruins my computer, I undrstand that if this
> update isnt added, you wont be able to add any other updates. What could be
> my problem? Would it be better to order the cd?
> HELP!!
> Freesia

Re: New SP3 update problem
Please see this page http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.

e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

WinXP-specific newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

===================================

<IMHO>
Temporarily disable all real-time protections afforded by your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications, and any third-party firewall
prior to installing SP3. If you disable a third-party firewall, make sure
you then enable the Windows Firewall: The machine should not be connected to
the internet without an active firewall.

NB ZA Free users: Uninstall ZA Free via Add/Remove Programs and enable the
Windows Firewall before installing SP3.

After installing SP3 /and rebooting twice/, check to make sure your
real-time protections have been re-enabled; If you disabled a third-party
firewall, remember to re-enable it and disable the Windows Firewall.
</IMHO>
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/