Error message 80070002

Ad Theunissen

Error message 80070002
I get this error when I try to download SP1 for Vista. I cleared already the
download and software file within Windows/SoftwareDistribution. Didn't help.
I rename the SoftwareDistribution map. Didn't help.
Anyone an idea ??

Regards
Ad Theunissen

Re: Error message 80070002
Did you Stop the Automatic Updates service before you renamed or deleted
SoftwareDistribution folder?...

Windows Vista Help: Windows Update error 80070002:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx

You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

====================================

How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows
Server Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602/

====================================

Windows Vista SP1 FAQ:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...a-sp1-faq.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb972745.aspx

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx

Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx

<IMHO>
Temporarily disable all real-time protections afforded by your anti-virus
application, any anti-spyware applications, and any third-party firewall
prior to installing Vista SP1. If you disable a third-party firewall, make
sure you then enable the Windows Firewall: The machine should not be
connected to the internet without an active firewall.

NB ZA Free users: Uninstall ZA Free via Add/Remove Programs and enable the
Windows Firewall before installing SP1.

After installing SP1 /and rebooting twice/, check to make sure your
real-time protections have been re-enabled; If you disabled a third-party
firewall, remember to re-enable it and disable the Windows Firewall.
</IMHO>

==================================

Last but not least...

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ad Theunissen wrote:
> I get this error when I try to download SP1 for Vista. I cleared already
> the download and software file within Windows/SoftwareDistribution. Didn't
> help. I rename the SoftwareDistribution map. Didn't help.
> Anyone an idea ??
>
> Regards
> Ad Theunissen

Ad Theunissen

Re: Error message 80070002
Hello,

1. I stopped my Virusscanner (Bullguard)
2. I started Windows Firewall.
3. I've restarted my laptop.
4. I stopped Windows Update.
5. I rename SoftwareDistribution into SDTemp.
6. I started Windows Update.
7. I tried to receive SP1 for Vista, but still ge the same error message.
8. Windows is up-to-date with all the latest updates.

What's next ??
--
Regards
Ad Theunissen

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you Stop the Automatic Updates service before you renamed or deleted
> SoftwareDistribution folder?...
>
> Windows Vista Help: Windows Update error 80070002:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx
>
> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>
> ====================================
>
> How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows
> Server Update Services installation issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602/
>
> ====================================
>
> Windows Vista SP1 FAQ:
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...a-sp1-faq.aspx
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb972745.aspx
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx
>
> Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
>
> <IMHO>
> Temporarily disable all real-time protections afforded by your anti-virus
> application, any anti-spyware applications, and any third-party firewall
> prior to installing Vista SP1. If you disable a third-party firewall, make
> sure you then enable the Windows Firewall: The machine should not be
> connected to the internet without an active firewall.
>
> NB ZA Free users: Uninstall ZA Free via Add/Remove Programs and enable the
> Windows Firewall before installing SP1.
>
> After installing SP1 /and rebooting twice/, check to make sure your
> real-time protections have been re-enabled; If you disabled a third-party
> firewall, remember to re-enable it and disable the Windows Firewall.
> </IMHO>
>
> ==================================
>
> Last but not least...
>

> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Ad Theunissen wrote:
> > I get this error when I try to download SP1 for Vista. I cleared already
> > the download and software file within Windows/SoftwareDistribution. Didn't
> > help. I rename the SoftwareDistribution map. Didn't help.
> > Anyone an idea ??
> >
> > Regards
> > Ad Theunissen

Quiksilver

Re: Error message 80070002
hi, just wanted to say I have the same problem I have been e-mailing ms for
about 3 weeks now and the end up saying the could not solve it.

Sry thats no help, here my posts

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ery=quiksilver

"Ad Theunissen" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > • CA:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • UK:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • AU:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> > Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Ad Theunissen wrote:
> > > I get this error when I try to download SP1 for Vista. I cleared already
> > > the download and software file within Windows/SoftwareDistribution. Didn't
> > > help. I rename the SoftwareDistribution map. Didn't help.

Re: Error message 80070002
Is Windows Update offering Vista SP1 to the machine or are you attempting to
install it manually?
--
~PA Bear

Ad Theunissen wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Ad Theunissen wrote:
>>> I get this error when I try to download SP1 for Vista. I cleared
>>> already
>>> the download and software file within Windows/SoftwareDistribution.
>>> Didn't
>>> help. I rename the SoftwareDistribution map. Didn't help.

Ad Theunissen

Re: Error message 80070002
Hello,

I try to update to SP1 with Windows Update. I get this SP1, when I search
for updates.

--
Regards
Ad Theunissen

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >> real-time protections have been re-enabled; If you disabled a third-party
> >> firewall, remember to re-enable it and disable the Windows Firewall.
> >> </IMHO>
> >>
> >> ==================================
> >>
> >> Last but not least...
> >>

> >> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
> >> available
> >> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> >> • US:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • CA:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • UK:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • AU:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> >> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Re: Error message 80070002
Open a free support incident, please, Ad. See the links in my first reply
quoted below.
--
~PA Bear

Ad Theunissen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to update to SP1 with Windows Update. I get this SP1, when I search
> for updates.
>

>> Is Windows Update offering Vista SP1 to the machine or are you attempting
>> to install it manually?
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> Ad Theunissen wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 1. I stopped my Virusscanner (Bullguard)
>>> 2. I started Windows Firewall.
>>> 3. I've restarted my laptop.
>>> 4. I stopped Windows Update.
>>> 5. I rename SoftwareDistribution into SDTemp.
>>> 6. I started Windows Update.
>>> 7. I tried to receive SP1 for Vista, but still ge the same error
>>> message.
>>> 8. Windows is up-to-date with all the latest updates.
>>>
>>> What's next ??

Low Tec Sue

RE: Error message 80070002
Hi
I have suffered the same experience as you and am ever so keen to hear from
anyone who can tell us how to put this problem right! It is so frustrating,
isn't it! Like you, I followed various suggestions to put it right, but to
no avail.
--
With thanks and best wishes

"Ad Theunissen" wrote:

> I get this error when I try to download SP1 for Vista. I cleared already the
> download and software file within Windows/SoftwareDistribution. Didn't help.
> I rename the SoftwareDistribution map. Didn't help.
> Anyone an idea ??
>
> Regards
> Ad Theunissen

andr00e

RE: Error message 80070002
Here u go all u clueless idiots!) This is what your looking for...Have a
nice day!)lmfao.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

Your welcome.