IAVA/Security Update

Augusta

IAVA/Security Update

Can someone please tell me what the difference is (if any) in IAVA's and
the Security Updates installed on my computer? I can see Security
Updates in my Add/Remove Programs, and was told this is where I can
find IAVA's installed as well. Where can I find my IAVA's?

--
Augusta
Augusta's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50724

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: IAVA/Security Update
Assuming you're referring to Sun JAVA, see
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&...187036#p187036
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Augusta wrote:
> Can someone please tell me what the difference is (if any) in IAVA's and
> the Security Updates installed on my computer? I can see Security
> Updates in my Add/Remove Programs, and was told this is where I can
> find IAVA's installed as well. Where can I find my IAVA's?

David H. Lipman

Re: IAVA/Security Update
From: "Augusta" <Augusta.3a8h7c@DoNotSpam.com>

| Can someone please tell me what the difference is (if any) in IAVA's and
| the Security Updates installed on my computer? I can see Security
| Updates in my Add/Remove Programs, and was told this is where I can
| find IAVA's installed as well. Where can I find my IAVA's?
|
| --
| Augusta

You need to define "IAVA".
In certain US Gov't. circles IAVA has a specific meaning and really shouldn't be discussed
in public.

--
Dave

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: IAVA/Security Update
Iava or Java ?

IF you mean Java, it will be listed as J2SE Runtime, followed by Version
numbers. The updates for it will not show in ARP as it updates by
installing a newer Version.
Then the java autoupdater leaves the older, vulnerable Versions on the
system. Suggest you manually remove these to save disk space and
mitigate a malware infection vector.

If you really did mean Iava:

The Iava Homepage - What is Iava ?
http://members.tripod.com/mathias/Ia...html#What%20is

I have no idea how that updates nor how you would determine if updates
for it were applied.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Augusta wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what the difference is (if any) in IAVA's and
> the Security Updates installed on my computer? I can see Security
> Updates in my Add/Remove Programs, and was told this is where I can
> find IAVA's installed as well. Where can I find my IAVA's?

Augusta

Re: IAVA/Security Update

I mean Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert. They are security
updates. Not sensitive government secrets (They are used on all
military networks including NIPRNET - Unclassified). Anything put on
the network must have the latest IAVA update. Was just wondering how
to tell what I do, and do not have installed. -Thanks

--
Augusta
Augusta's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50724
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=978242

http://forums.techarena.in

Re: IAVA/Security Update
I'm afraid you'll have to contact the Department of Defense/Unified
Combatant Command about this, Augusta. IAVA updates are in no way connected
to MS or Windows Update functionality.

Start here, I suppose: http://www.defenselink.mil/faq/comment.html

Augusta wrote:
> I mean Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert. They are security
> updates. Not sensitive government secrets (They are used on all
> military networks including NIPRNET - Unclassified). Anything put on
> the network must have the latest IAVA update. Was just wondering how
> to tell what I do, and do not have installed. -Thanks

realcestmoi

Re: IAVA/Security Update
Hi there,

Not a windows update issue really.

Best contact IAVA for support.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Augusta" <Augusta.3a8h7c@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Can someone please tell me what the difference is (if any) in IAVA's and
> the Security Updates installed on my computer? I can see Security
> Updates in my Add/Remove Programs, and was told this is where I can
> find IAVA's installed as well. Where can I find my IAVA's?
>

> --
> Augusta
> Augusta's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50724
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=978242
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

David H. Lipman

Re: IAVA/Security Update
From: "Augusta" <Augusta.3a8v3e@DoNotSpam.com>

| I mean Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert. They are security
| updates. Not sensitive government secrets (They are used on all
| military networks including NIPRNET - Unclassified). Anything put on
| the network must have the latest IAVA update. Was just wondering how
| to tell what I do, and do not have installed. -Thanks

That's what I thought you meant :-(

IAVA's are security updates related to Agency requirements. While its concept is not a
secret how they are handled by the US Gov't. is US gov't. proprietary information and should
not be discussed in public. There are US Gov't. Agencies that have *all* the information
required. You will need to use your Gov't. issued Smart Card because the sites are PKI
protected. The information is behind Smart Card authentication becauase of the sensitivity
of the information. In other words... ask at a Regional CERT.

--
Dave