VISTA Ultimate UPGRADE SP1

Marvin Buzz

VISTA Ultimate UPGRADE SP1
I have VISTA Home Premium installed on my laptop. I purchased VISTA Ultimate
Upgrade SP1. The install fails saying it requires SP1 to be already
installed on my laptop. It just doesn't make sense to have to upgrade the
current system to SP1 first before upgrading to Ultimate SP1, or alternately,
do a clean install, not an upgrade

Am I doing something wrong, or is this functioning as designed?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: VISTA Ultimate UPGRADE SP1
Well, go ahead and install SP1, then try the upgrade
to Vista Ultimate.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Marvin Buzz" <MarvinBuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCDFA4CD-2AEE-41CC-8691-1B2816CA8E59@microsoft.com...
I have VISTA Home Premium installed on my laptop. I purchased VISTA Ultimate
Upgrade SP1. The install fails saying it requires SP1 to be already
installed on my laptop. It just doesn't make sense to have to upgrade the
current system to SP1 first before upgrading to Ultimate SP1, or alternately,
do a clean install, not an upgrade

Am I doing something wrong, or is this functioning as designed?

Re: VISTA Ultimate UPGRADE SP1
When in doubt, follow the directions and install Vista Home Premium SP1
before attempting to upgrade.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Marvin Buzz wrote:
> I have VISTA Home Premium installed on my laptop. I purchased VISTA
> Ultimate Upgrade SP1. The install fails saying it requires SP1 to be
> already installed on my laptop. It just doesn't make sense to have to
> upgrade the current system to SP1 first before upgrading to Ultimate SP1,
> or alternately, do a clean install, not an upgrade
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this functioning as designed?

Marvin Buzz

RE: VISTA Ultimate UPGRADE SP1
I waited for the SP1 upgrade to be available in ultimate so as to avoid
having to go through two processes. It just seems foolish that the ultimate
upgrade with SP1 cannot upgrade a system unless SP1 is already installed. I
don't know about the responders, but I have better things to do with my time
than to spend it foolishly doing an upgrade just so I can do another upgrade.

"Marvin Buzz" wrote:

> I have VISTA Home Premium installed on my laptop. I purchased VISTA Ultimate
> Upgrade SP1. The install fails saying it requires SP1 to be already
> installed on my laptop. It just doesn't make sense to have to upgrade the
> current system to SP1 first before upgrading to Ultimate SP1, or alternately,
> do a clean install, not an upgrade
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this functioning as designed?

Joel Weber

VISTA Ultimate UPGRADE SP1
Did you ever get this to work? I have the same problem and I did try to upgrade to SP1 first. It errors out and I cannot get it resolved even with Microsoft's help.