What is error 1058

Monalisa

What is error 1058
I get this message every time i try to enable and start the automatic updates
i have run virus scan many times and no virus's found also i formated this
computer, reloaded windows did updates last thing i put in was service pack 3
which it did not have when i had to format it just sp2 this is driving me
crazy and i have no idea why it worked when i finished last night and today
it is back to being disabled again
--
Monalisa

Re: What is error 1058
You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an
"Error 1058" error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/896224

After reinstalling Windows (XP?), was the machine ever connected to the
internet without a firewall being enabled?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Monalisa wrote:
> I get this message every time i try to enable and start the automatic
> updates i have run virus scan many times and no virus's found also i
> formated this computer, reloaded windows did updates last thing i put in
> was service pack 3 which it did not have when i had to format it just sp2
> this is driving me crazy and i have no idea why it worked when i finished
> last night and today it is back to being disabled again

Monalisa

Re: What is error 1058
windows xp home edition firewall was on then i downloaded mcafee it ran well
all night then this morning no more updates
--
Monalisa

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an
> "Error 1058" error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or
> Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
> http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/896224
>
> After reinstalling Windows (XP?), was the machine ever connected to the
> internet without a firewall being enabled?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Monalisa wrote:
> > I get this message every time i try to enable and start the automatic
> > updates i have run virus scan many times and no virus's found also i
> > formated this computer, reloaded windows did updates last thing i put in
> > was service pack 3 which it did not have when i had to format it just sp2
> > this is driving me crazy and i have no idea why it worked when i finished
> > last night and today it is back to being disabled again

VnCnUsa

Re: What is error 1058
I also get this problem. The message is
"Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer.

Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enableed devices associated with it."

So am I missing some file in my PC ? I checked the missing part but it
doesn't tell me what I am missing.
Or other reason is I think I install the BitDefender Internet Security
2008, so i think they blocked it and make some part become malfunction.
Can You help me solve this problem please ! (my e-mail is
vncnusa-jimmy@yahoo.com). Thankyou !
"Monalisa" wrote:

> windows xp home edition firewall was on then i downloaded mcafee it ran well
> all night then this morning no more updates
> --
> Monalisa
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an
> > "Error 1058" error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or
> > Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
> > http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/896224
> >
> > After reinstalling Windows (XP?), was the machine ever connected to the
> > internet without a firewall being enabled?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Monalisa wrote:
> > > I get this message every time i try to enable and start the automatic
> > > updates i have run virus scan many times and no virus's found also i
> > > formated this computer, reloaded windows did updates last thing i put in
> > > was service pack 3 which it did not have when i had to format it just sp2
> > > this is driving me crazy and i have no idea why it worked when i finished
> > > last night and today it is back to being disabled again

TaurArian

Re: What is error 1058
Considerations (as your situation may be different from the OP) -

System may be infected with malware "Vundo"
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

Service does not start and displays "Error 1058"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584

You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an "Error 1058"
error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
2005
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896224

"Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error 1058" error message when
you manually start the Remote Procedure Call service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838428

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"VnCnUsa" <VnCnUsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I also get this problem. The message is
| "Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer.
|
| Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
| because it has no enableed devices associated with it."
|
| So am I missing some file in my PC ? I checked the missing part but it
| doesn't tell me what I am missing.
| Or other reason is I think I install the BitDefender Internet Security
| 2008, so i think they blocked it and make some part become malfunction.
| Can You help me solve this problem please ! (my e-mail is
| vncnusa-jimmy@yahoo.com). Thankyou !
| "Monalisa" wrote:
|
| > windows xp home edition firewall was on then i downloaded mcafee it ran well
| > all night then this morning no more updates
| > --
| > Monalisa
| >

| > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
| >
| > > You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an
| > > "Error 1058" error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or
| > > Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005:
| > > http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/896224
| > >
| > > After reinstalling Windows (XP?), was the machine ever connected to the
| > > internet without a firewall being enabled?
| > > --
| > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| > > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
| > > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
| > > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

dss

Re: What is error 1058
eee

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Considerations (as your situation may be different from the OP) -
>
> System may be infected with malware "Vundo"
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo
>
> Service does not start and displays "Error 1058"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241584
>
> You cannot manually start the Automatic Updates service and you receive an "Error 1058"
> error message on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
> 2005
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896224
>
> "Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error 1058" error message when
> you manually start the Remote Procedure Call service
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838428
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "VnCnUsa" <VnCnUsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I also get this problem. The message is
> | "Windows could not start the Windows Update service on Local Computer.
> |
> | Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
> | because it has no enableed devices associated with it."
> |
> | So am I missing some file in my PC ? I checked the missing part but it
> | doesn't tell me what I am missing.
> | Or other reason is I think I install the BitDefender Internet Security
> | 2008, so i think they blocked it and make some part become malfunction.
> | Can You help me solve this problem please ! (my e-mail is
> | vncnusa-jimmy@yahoo.com). Thankyou !
> | "Monalisa" wrote:
> |
> | > windows xp home edition firewall was on then i downloaded mcafee it ran well
> | > all night then this morning no more updates
> | > --
> | > Monalisa

BRAD

RE: What is error 1058