Upgrade Windows Vista from XP, keep rebooting

May

Upgrade Windows Vista from XP, keep rebooting
I am trying to upgrade Windows XP to Vista checked build. I run the Upgrade
Advisor, it told me my system has no problem to upgrade to Vista. But after
Windows told me install is completing, the system keep automaticlly
rebooting, rebooting,... During the install, Windows did tell me the system
will reboot a lot of times, but how many times? Is this a normal procedure or
something wrong with the upgrade? I didn't get any error massage. Can any one
tell me what is wrong?

Thanks,
May
loly2oo4@hotmail.com

RE: Upgrade Windows Vista from XP, keep rebooting

"May" wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade Windows XP to Vista checked build. I run the Upgrade
> Advisor, it told me my system has no problem to upgrade to Vista. But after
> Windows told me install is completing, the system keep automaticlly
> rebooting, rebooting,... During the install, Windows did tell me the system
> will reboot a lot of times, but how many times? Is this a normal procedure or
> something wrong with the upgrade? I didn't get any error massage. Can any one
> tell me what is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> May

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista from XP, keep rebooting
We're all about Windows Updates here, not upgrading Windows.

Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
=> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup <=
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/