RE: Error Code: 0x57A on installing Office 2003 SP3

Greta Reid

RE: Error Code: 0x57A on installing Office 2003 SP3
I am experiencing the same issue with all 14 databases I am responsible for
at work. Most of the comboboxes appear to be empty when you attempt to
select a value. We have had to roll all of our group back to SP2. Is there
any progress on resolving this error?

-Greta

"Kevin Seerup" wrote:

> Hi David
>
> I managed to install SP3 by downloading it direct then running the install.
>
> However ... I have now uninstalled it as it was causing problems in my
> Access 2003 applications.
>
> I installed SP3 on three PCs and have had to do a System Restore on all three.
>
> SP3 causes some columns of my combo boxes in Access 2003 to appear as all
> spaces. This makes it very difficult to identify the correct values to
> select. I haven't found a common theme although it is primarily the bound
> column. I have tried in three
> applications with a mixture of SQL 2000 and Access 2003 backend databases
> –same problem.
>
> I have XP SP2 on all machines but it is apparently also a problem with Vista.
>
> Any idea when this will be fixed as a lot of users with Windows Update
> configured to download and install automatically will not be happy.
>
> --
> Kevin Seerup
> GoalMaker Pty Ltd
> http://www.goalmaker.com
>

> "David [Office - Microsoft]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > This error typically indicates some form of registry corruption or
> > interference. If the error continues to occur after restarting your computer,
> > you may need to reinstall the Office 2003 programs. Registry corruption may
> > be caused by some registry cleaning programs, by viruses, or by simple disk
> > corruption, among other things.
> >
> > Let us know if you continue to have issues installing the service pack.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David
> > Program Manager, Office Service Packs
> > Microsoft
> >
> > "Kevin Seerup" wrote:
> >
> > > I downloaded the Windows update today which included Office 2003 SP3 which
> > > failed with Error Code: 0x57A.
> > >
> > > I only have Excel 2003 and Access 2003 installed and the full Office 2007.
> > > I need the 2003 versions to support clients. I also have Access 97 installed.
> > >
> > > Any clues?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kevin Seerup
> > > GoalMaker Pty Ltd
> > > http://www.goalmaker.com

Re: Error Code: 0x57A on installing Office 2003 SP3
How does this pertain to Windows Update functionality, Greta?

Try an Access-specific newsgroup instead.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Greta Reid wrote:
> I am experiencing the same issue with all 14 databases I am responsible
> for
> at work. Most of the comboboxes appear to be empty when you attempt to
> select a value. We have had to roll all of our group back to SP2. Is
> there
> any progress on resolving this error?
>
> -Greta
>
> "Kevin Seerup" wrote:
>
>> Hi David
>>
>> I managed to install SP3 by downloading it direct then running the
>> install.
>>
>> However ... I have now uninstalled it as it was causing problems in my
>> Access 2003 applications.
>>
>> I installed SP3 on three PCs and have had to do a System Restore on all
>> three.
>>
>> SP3 causes some columns of my combo boxes in Access 2003 to appear as all
>> spaces. This makes it very difficult to identify the correct values to
>> select. I haven't found a common theme although it is primarily the
>> bound
>> column. I have tried in three
>> applications with a mixture of SQL 2000 and Access 2003 backend databases
>> –same problem.
>>
>> I have XP SP2 on all machines but it is apparently also a problem with
>> Vista.
>>
>> Any idea when this will be fixed as a lot of users with Windows Update
>> configured to download and install automatically will not be happy.
>>
>> --
>> Kevin Seerup
>> GoalMaker Pty Ltd
>> http://www.goalmaker.com
>>

>> "David [Office - Microsoft]" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Kevin,
>>>
>>> This error typically indicates some form of registry corruption or
>>> interference. If the error continues to occur after restarting your
>>> computer, you may need to reinstall the Office 2003 programs. Registry
>>> corruption may be caused by some registry cleaning programs, by viruses,
>>> or by simple disk corruption, among other things.
>>>
>>> Let us know if you continue to have issues installing the service pack.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> David
>>> Program Manager, Office Service Packs
>>> Microsoft

realcestmoi

Re: Error Code: 0x57A on installing Office 2003 SP3
Hi Pa,

As I read fom the story it happened after updating to SP3 as I understand
and a rollback to Sp2 was neccesary So updating to Sp3 which is a windows
update issue triggered the error after the rolback to sp2

Hi Greta,

Try either repairing office or to remove acces 2003 by running office setup
and choose custom installation, unmark ( make it a red cross, is not
installed ) acces so it will be uninstalled and try to install it again and
see if that solves the issue?

If not it is best to seek further assistance here:
microsoft.public.office.misc

Good luck and best regards,
Michel Denie

> How does this pertain to Windows Update functionality, Greta?
>
> Try an Access-specific newsgroup instead.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Greta Reid wrote:
>> I am experiencing the same issue with all 14 databases I am responsible
>> for
>> at work. Most of the comboboxes appear to be empty when you attempt to
>> select a value. We have had to roll all of our group back to SP2. Is
>> there
>> any progress on resolving this error?
>>
>> -Greta
>>
>> "Kevin Seerup" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi David
>>>
>>> I managed to install SP3 by downloading it direct then running the
>>> install.
>>>
>>> However ... I have now uninstalled it as it was causing problems in my
>>> Access 2003 applications.
>>>
>>> I installed SP3 on three PCs and have had to do a System Restore on all
>>> three.
>>>
>>> SP3 causes some columns of my combo boxes in Access 2003 to appear as
>>> all
>>> spaces. This makes it very difficult to identify the correct values to
>>> select. I haven't found a common theme although it is primarily the
>>> bound
>>> column. I have tried in three
>>> applications with a mixture of SQL 2000 and Access 2003 backend
>>> databases
>>> -same problem.
>>>
>>> I have XP SP2 on all machines but it is apparently also a problem with
>>> Vista.
>>>
>>> Any idea when this will be fixed as a lot of users with Windows Update
>>> configured to download and install automatically will not be happy.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kevin Seerup
>>> GoalMaker Pty Ltd
>>> http://www.goalmaker.com

Re: Error Code: 0x57A on installing Office 2003 SP3
Greta makes no reference to the 0x57A error or any other error when she
installed Office 2003 SP3, despite the title of this thread.

realcestmoi wrote:
> Hi Pa,
>
> As I read fom the story it happened after updating to SP3 as I understand
> and a rollback to Sp2 was neccesary So updating to Sp3 which is a
> windows
> update issue triggered the error after the rolback to sp2
>
> Hi Greta,
>
> Try either repairing office or to remove acces 2003 by running office
> setup
> and choose custom installation, unmark ( make it a red cross, is not
> installed ) acces so it will be uninstalled and try to install it again
> and
> see if that solves the issue?
>
> If not it is best to seek further assistance here:
> microsoft.public.office.misc
>
> Good luck and best regards,
> Michel Denie

>> How does this pertain to Windows Update functionality, Greta?
>>
>> Try an Access-specific newsgroup instead.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Greta Reid wrote:
>>> I am experiencing the same issue with all 14 databases I am responsible
>>> for
>>> at work. Most of the comboboxes appear to be empty when you attempt to
>>> select a value. We have had to roll all of our group back to SP2. Is
>>> there
>>> any progress on resolving this error?
>>>
>>> -Greta

realcestmoi

Re: Error Code: 0x57A on installing Office 2003 SP3

My mistake, you are right thougt sp3 xp