Silverlight

Brunny

Silverlight
I have a problem with Silverlight, in that every time I run Microsoft Update,
I'm prompted to install Silverlight. Each I select the install, and the
normal process takes place, in that Silverlight is downloaded and installed,
and the update site indicates sucess.
However the next time I run Microsoft Update I'm prompted to install
Silverlight again. This communities site is also prompting me to install
Silverlight.

Does anybody know how I can install it so that it actually does install ???

Re: Silverlight
Dunno why you'd want to install it, but try installing it manually via
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-26dc548f0ac7
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Brunny wrote:
> I have a problem with Silverlight, in that every time I run Microsoft
> Update, I'm prompted to install Silverlight. Each I select the install,
> and the normal process takes place, in that Silverlight is downloaded and
> installed, and the update site indicates sucess.
> However the next time I run Microsoft Update I'm prompted to install
> Silverlight again. This communities site is also prompting me to install
> Silverlight.
>
> Does anybody know how I can install it so that it actually does install
> ???

Brunny

Re: Silverlight
Thanks for the link, tried that and got a failure to install with Message ID:
1642. The text suggested that I had a beta version loaded, but I'm unable to
find it anywhere in order to uninstall it.

Any other thoughts ???

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Dunno why you'd want to install it, but try installing it manually via
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-26dc548f0ac7
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Brunny wrote:
> > I have a problem with Silverlight, in that every time I run Microsoft
> > Update, I'm prompted to install Silverlight. Each I select the install,
> > and the normal process takes place, in that Silverlight is downloaded and
> > installed, and the update site indicates sucess.
> > However the next time I run Microsoft Update I'm prompted to install
> > Silverlight again. This communities site is also prompting me to install
> > Silverlight.
> >
> > Does anybody know how I can install it so that it actually does install
> > ???

Re: Silverlight
This really doesn't have anything to do with Windows Update. See
http://silverlight.net/forums/t/15286.aspx and please post any further
follow-up in an appropriate Silverlight Forum
(http://silverlight.net/forums/) for best assistance.

Good luck.
--
~PA Bear

Brunny wrote:
> Thanks for the link, tried that and got a failure to install with Message
> ID: 1642. The text suggested that I had a beta version loaded, but I'm
> unable to find it anywhere in order to uninstall it.
>
> Any other thoughts ???
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Dunno why you'd want to install it, but try installing it manually via
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-26dc548f0ac7
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Brunny wrote:
>>> I have a problem with Silverlight, in that every time I run Microsoft
>>> Update, I'm prompted to install Silverlight. Each I select the install,
>>> and the normal process takes place, in that Silverlight is downloaded
>>> and
>>> installed, and the update site indicates sucess.
>>> However the next time I run Microsoft Update I'm prompted to install
>>> Silverlight again. This communities site is also prompting me to
>>> install
>>> Silverlight.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know how I can install it so that it actually does install
>>> ???

Brunny

Re: Silverlight
Thank's for all your help. The solution described on that link seems to have
worked as Silverlight now shows in Add/Remove Programs.

Re: Silverlight
YW & thanks for your feedback.

Brunny wrote:
> Thank's for all your help. The solution described on that link seems to
> have worked as Silverlight now shows in Add/Remove Programs.

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Silverlight
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> This really doesn't have anything to do with Windows Update.

The original problem was partly a Windows Update issue - the Silverlight WU
package doesn't properly report errors that occur during installation.

I've already reported this via Connect, along with the Silverlight problem which
is probably what the OP was seeing (the install doesn't work if you have
substituted drive letters defined).

Harry.

Re: Silverlight
Harry Johnston [MVP] wrote:
>> This really doesn't have anything to do with Windows Update.

> The original problem was partly a Windows Update issue - the Silverlight
> WU
> package doesn't properly report errors that occur during installation.
>
> I've already reported this via Connect, along with the Silverlight problem
> which is probably what the OP was seeing (the install doesn't work if you
> have substituted drive letters defined).

Something tells me the Windows Live team has something to do with
Silverlight! <VBEG>