install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139

Destin_FL

install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139
Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft offers
on
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 is of any relevance at all..... ??

Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before finally
declaring that it will not
install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page they offer
is of any value and fixes nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions you guys/gals might have.

Tim

Re: install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139
Did Windows Update offer you Vista SP1 or are you attempting to install it
manually?

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
"Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Destin_FL wrote:
> Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft
> offers on
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 is of any relevance at
> all..... ??
> Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before
> finally declaring that it will not
> install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page
> they offer is of any value and fixes nothing.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions you guys/gals might have.
>
> Tim

Destin_FL

Re: install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139
I was attempting to install it manually.... actually downloaded the full boat SP1
install, 440 MB or so....
I had been waiting for Windows Update to offer it from within of course, but with
Vista crashing BSOD numerous times per day, and just generally all around having
been a nightmare OS, I thought going ahead now manually might repair some of the
daily headaches.

Additionally, going to the Microsoft website to purchase SP1 on DVD was met with
typical Microsoft ineptitude, as the very link they provide to purchase the DVD is
a non-working link. So typical.

Listen I genuinely appreciate the response and the help... so please don't take
this as aimed at you or really anyone in particular, but my god this operating
system is a COLOSSAL debacle. I am an advanced computer user, very savvy, keep
everything absolutely up to date, run antivirus / anti-malware / etc. regularly,
keep my drivers and software up to date, etc. etc.
Vista is just plain and simple a complete travesty and should have never ever been
released to the public.

Rant over.
Very sincerely, thanks for the help and the direction. I'll keep plugging along
and if I arrive at the solution, I will for sure post it.

Tim

Re: install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139
1. I would not recommend installing SP1 manually unless and until it's
offered by Windows Update.

2. Upgrading any software in hopes of fixing an existing problem (especially
a BSOD problem) usually is not a wise idea. 9 times out of 10, doing so
only makes it that much harder to fix the problem.

3. I can confirm that the link to order Vista SP1 on DVD (found here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb738089.aspx) doesn't work.

> Vista is just plain and simple a complete travesty and should have never
> ever been released to the public.

Many here agree with those sentiments, Tim.

Best of luck.

Destin_FL wrote:
> I was attempting to install it manually.... actually downloaded the full
> boat SP1 install, 440 MB or so....
> I had been waiting for Windows Update to offer it from within of course,
> but with Vista crashing BSOD numerous times per day, and just generally
> all
> around having been a nightmare OS, I thought going ahead now manually
> might
> repair some of the daily headaches.
>
> Additionally, going to the Microsoft website to purchase SP1 on DVD was
> met
> with typical Microsoft ineptitude, as the very link they provide to
> purchase the DVD is a non-working link. So typical.
>
> Listen I genuinely appreciate the response and the help... so please don't
> take this as aimed at you or really anyone in particular, but my god this
> operating system is a COLOSSAL debacle. I am an advanced computer user,
> very savvy, keep everything absolutely up to date, run antivirus /
> anti-malware / etc. regularly, keep my drivers and software up to date,
> etc. etc. Vista is just plain and simple a complete travesty and should
> have never
> ever been released to the public.
>
> Rant over.
> Very sincerely, thanks for the help and the direction. I'll keep plugging
> along and if I arrive at the solution, I will for sure post it.

<paste>
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Did Windows Update offer you Vista SP1 or are you attempting to install it
> manually?
>
> Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
> "Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
> installing the service pack"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
> available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
>
> • CA:
>
> • UK:
>
> • AU:
>
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>
> Destin_FL wrote:
>> Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft
>> offers on
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 is of any relevance at
>> all..... ??
>> Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before
>> finally declaring that it will not
>> install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page
>> they offer is of any value and fixes nothing.

dgnesmith

Re: install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?
I'm having similar trouble myself. However, windows update is automatically
telling me to install it. It's went through the very long install process
twice and has given me the same response. Then is spends another 30 minutes
reverting back. I have an error code for the installation failure and can't
find any info on it: Code 80004005. Any recommendations? It's driving me
nuts.... and I'm also somewhat savy with these things, but this is a new one
for me. Hope technet comes out with a solution soon.
Dan

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]

> > β€’ CA:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > β€’ UK:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > β€’ AU:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >
> > β€’ Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> > Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> >
> > Destin_FL wrote:
> >> Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft
> >> offers on
> >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 is of any relevance at
> >> all..... ??
> >> Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before
> >> finally declaring that it will not
> >> install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page
> >> they offer is of any value and fixes nothing.

Please begin a new thread about /your/ problem. Thanks.

dgnesmith wrote:
> I'm having similar trouble myself. However, windows update is
> automatically
> telling me to install it. It's went through the very long install process
> twice and has given me the same response. Then is spends another 30
> minutes
> reverting back. I have an error code for the installation failure and
> can't
> find any info on it: Code 80004005. Any recommendations? It's driving
> me
> nuts.... and I'm also somewhat savy with these things, but this is a new
> one
> for me. Hope technet comes out with a solution soon.

<snip>

rosa_eli_ribero@hotmail.com

"Destin_FL" wrote:

> Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft offers
> on
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 is of any relevance at all..... ??
>
> Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before finally
> declaring that it will not
> install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page they offer
> is of any value and fixes nothing.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions you guys/gals might have.
>
> Tim

Barb

RE: install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link
Im sooooooo glad to finally find others with same problems I thought because
Im new to computers it was me and my computer, this is fantastic news after
reading everyones problems to find Im not the only one.

"Destin_FL" wrote:

> Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft offers
> on
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=101139 is of any relevance at all..... ??
>
> Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before finally
> declaring that it will not
> install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page they offer
> is of any value and fixes nothing.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions you guys/gals might have.
>
> Tim

neilied is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: install of Vista SP1 fails... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link
ok guys, firstly hi!!

and now, have been stuck on this for sometime. have tried the install through auto update and have downloaded the standalone version and both fail. have been in contact with ms support and have been on the phone for 9 calls totalling 5 or so hours. have mailed info and have followed many instructions to try to successfully install this update. have removed all security from the pc and many other programs as i was told they were affecting the update but to no avail.

does ms have a definitive answer to this issue as i am thinking i have wasted my money.

cheers

neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post

"Destin_FL" wrote:

> Has anyone found an actual solution to this issue since nothing Microsoft offers
> on
> Error message when you try to install the stand-alone package for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 or for Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2: "Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while install is of any relevance at all..... ??
>
> Vista SP1 goes through all the install machinations for an hour before finally
> declaring that it will not
> install and directs me to this website. Of course nothing on that page they offer
> is of any value and fixes nothing.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions you guys/gals might have.
>
> Tim

Cybrax is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: install of Vista SP1 fails...
Incident Title: VISTA SP1 install fail

Support Request Number: 1112006747

Severity Rating: Severity C (Minimum business impact)

£600 worth of computer reduced to all the functionality of an oversize paper wieght and they call it a minor impact on the business.. go figure

Looking forward to the reply from M$ support.