XP SP3 Crashed My Computer

Ryan

XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
Upgraded XP to SP3 and it worked fine until reboot. I now are unable to get
into Windows and get the following message on blue screen...

STOP: c0000139 {Entry Point Not Found}
The procedure entry point GdiGetBitmapBitsSize cound not be located in the
dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

Thanks, RC
Shenan Stanley

Re: XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
Ryan wrote:
> Upgraded XP to SP3 and it worked fine until reboot. I now are
> unable to get into Windows and get the following message on blue
> screen...
>
> STOP: c0000139 {Entry Point Not Found}
> The procedure entry point GdiGetBitmapBitsSize cound not be located
> in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

Did you get ahold of the final release somehow?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Ryan

Re: XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
This is where I went. Selected the English version. Did I mess up?

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Ryan wrote:
> > Upgraded XP to SP3 and it worked fine until reboot. I now are
> > unable to get into Windows and get the following message on blue
> > screen...
> >
> > STOP: c0000139 {Entry Point Not Found}
> > The procedure entry point GdiGetBitmapBitsSize cound not be located
> > in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

> Did you get ahold of the final release somehow?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Ridge Runner

Re: XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
You did NOT upgrade to SP3 because it is not out yet.
What IS out is still BETA.

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Upgraded XP to SP3 and it worked fine until reboot. I now are unable to
> get
> into Windows and get the following message on blue screen...
>
> STOP: c0000139 {Entry Point Not Found}
> The procedure entry point GdiGetBitmapBitsSize cound not be located in the
> dynamic link library GDI32.dll.
>
> Thanks, RC

Ridge Runner

Re: XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 2 Refresh

Ryan wrote:
> This is where I went. Selected the English version. Did I mess up?

Did you review the wqhole page and understand what you were getting before
you downloaded and installed it?

"Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate 2"
"It is recommended that you apply the resulting update package to an
activated, genuine copy of Windows XP, in a test environment. As with any
pre-release software, it is also recommended that you back up files and
settings on your machine before applying this update package."

Things to note in those quotes...
"Release Candidate" <- not completed, not final - candidate. This is
pre-release (beta) software.

"... in a test environment ..." <- even on this web page, Microsoft loosely
indicates what this is to be installed upon. If you installed it on a
production machine - that is your choice, but you take the responsibility of
possibly loosing everything without proper preparedness.

Did you mess up? I don't know - after reading the text from that page -
only you can tell us. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Ridge Runner wrote:
> You did NOT upgrade to SP3 because it is not out yet.
> What IS out is still BETA.

Technically - SP3 *has been* released to manufacturing.

I don't know how to get a copy of it - but that does not mean there is not a
way.

However - in general - you are correct - SP3 that is *easily* available for
download (as of writing this) is Release Candidate 2... Not the RTM
version.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Re: XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
Yep:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Released to Manufacturing
<QP>
Today we are happy to announce that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) has
released to manufacturing (RTM). Windows XP SP3 bits are now working their
way through our manufacturing channels to be available to OEM and Enterprise
customers.

We are also in the final stages of preparing for release to the web (i.e.
you!) on April 29th, via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center.
Online documentation for Windows XP SP3, such as Microsoft Knowledge Base
articles and the Microsoft TechNet Windows XP TechCenter, will be updated
then. For customers who use Windows XP at home, Windows XP SP3 Automatic
Update distribution for users at home will begin in early summer.
</QP>
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...4173&SiteID=17
[17:04 UTC, 21 April 2008]
--
~PA Bear

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Technically - SP3 *has been* released to manufacturing.

mesmers

Re: XP SP3 Crashed My Computer
I also am getting the same error
on my laptop (IBM thinkpad pent.3)
I couldn't install net framework 1.1
and tried all the fixes and then some under (solutions) posting
I tried it to see if it would help get past this problem
and now I can't even boot ( I haven't tried to start from boot discs yet
though )
any info would be appreciated
mesmers

mesmers wrote:
> I also am getting the same error
> on my laptop (IBM thinkpad pent.3)
> I couldn't install net framework 1.1
> and tried all the fixes and then some under (solutions) posting
> I tried it to see if it would help get past this problem
> and now I can't even boot ( I haven't tried to start from boot
> discs yet though )

Same error *with* SP3 (RC2 or otherwise) involved?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP