complete inability to install net framework.

ErikK

complete inability to install net framework.
Hope I can get help with this. I am having great trouble with .Net Framework
right now. Not a single version will install onto my PC. I used to have
version 2.0 installed but after the update refused to install, I followed all
the advice the microsoft website provided.

Now I'm in a situation where no version will install AND it appears my PC
does not recognise Windows installer anymore (no matter how many times I
remove it, reinstall it, all following the advice on the website.) My PC
keeps claiming that windows installer is inaccesible even though it shouldnt
be after all the fixes I've tried.

What now?
Robert

RE: complete inability to install net framework.
Erik,

Wish I could help but I am in the same situation. Not only did the new .Net
Framework fail to install, but so did the update to SQL Server. I now have
applications that are refusing to run. Help!

Robert

"ErikK" wrote:

> Hope I can get help with this. I am having great trouble with .Net Framework
> right now. Not a single version will install onto my PC. I used to have
> version 2.0 installed but after the update refused to install, I followed all
> the advice the microsoft website provided.
>
> Now I'm in a situation where no version will install AND it appears my PC
> does not recognise Windows installer anymore (no matter how many times I
> remove it, reinstall it, all following the advice on the website.) My PC
> keeps claiming that windows installer is inaccesible even though it shouldnt
> be after all the fixes I've tried.
>
> What now?

Re: complete inability to install net framework.
Windows version? Did you just reinstall Windows?

==========================

..NET Framework installation issues:

See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ErikK wrote:
> Hope I can get help with this. I am having great trouble with .Net
> Framework right now. Not a single version will install onto my PC. I
> used
> to have version 2.0 installed but after the update refused to install, I
> followed all the advice the microsoft website provided.
>
> Now I'm in a situation where no version will install AND it appears my PC
> does not recognise Windows installer anymore (no matter how many times I
> remove it, reinstall it, all following the advice on the website.) My PC
> keeps claiming that windows installer is inaccesible even though it
> shouldnt
> be after all the fixes I've tried.
>
> What now?

ErikK

Re: complete inability to install net framework.
Windows XP. sp2

I tried a repair of my windows and I keep getting a 0xDEADBEEF 0x00000000
error and am no longer able to enter windows including safemode. The only
option I have left is to transfer what data I can to another PC and do a
completely fresh install.

Some 'fix' *sigh*

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version? Did you just reinstall Windows?
>
> ==========================
>
> ..NET Framework installation issues:
>
> See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).
>
> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> ErikK wrote:
> > Hope I can get help with this. I am having great trouble with .Net
> > Framework right now. Not a single version will install onto my PC. I
> > used
> > to have version 2.0 installed but after the update refused to install, I
> > followed all the advice the microsoft website provided.
> >
> > Now I'm in a situation where no version will install AND it appears my PC
> > does not recognise Windows installer anymore (no matter how many times I
> > remove it, reinstall it, all following the advice on the website.) My PC
> > keeps claiming that windows installer is inaccesible even though it
> > shouldnt
> > be after all the fixes I've tried.
> >
> > What now?

Re: complete inability to install net framework.
I asked if you had reinstalled Windows, I didn't recommend that you do
so...or that doing so would fix the problem. Good luck.
--
~PA Bear

ErikK wrote:
> Windows XP. sp2
>
> I tried a repair of my windows and I keep getting a 0xDEADBEEF 0x00000000
> error and am no longer able to enter windows including safemode. The only
> option I have left is to transfer what data I can to another PC and do a
> completely fresh install.
>
> Some 'fix' *sigh*
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Windows version? Did you just reinstall Windows?
>>
>> ==========================
>>
>> ..NET Framework installation issues:
>>
>> See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).
>>
>> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
>>
>> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
>> whether service packs have been applied
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> ErikK wrote:
>>> Hope I can get help with this. I am having great trouble with .Net
>>> Framework right now. Not a single version will install onto my PC. I
>>> used
>>> to have version 2.0 installed but after the update refused to install, I
>>> followed all the advice the microsoft website provided.
>>>
>>> Now I'm in a situation where no version will install AND it appears my
>>> PC
>>> does not recognise Windows installer anymore (no matter how many times I
>>> remove it, reinstall it, all following the advice on the website.) My
>>> PC
>>> keeps claiming that windows installer is inaccesible even though it
>>> shouldnt
>>> be after all the fixes I've tried.
>>>
>>> What now?

jean-claude.pinel