Windows Update

FrWelsh@McCartyville

Windows Update
I am at my wits end. I have never had a problem with Windows Update before
now, but now cannot even get the window to come up that asks me if I want to
go to the "Express" or "Custom" update!!
What I get is "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the
page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve
the problem. " And then it gives very little help. The Error number that
comes with this problem on my machine is: 0x8007000B.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Windows Update
Windows version? Is Automatic Updates enabled?

Did you just (1) reinstall Windows, (2) upgrade/downgrade to another verion
of Windows, or (3) do a Repair Install of Windows?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

FrWelsh@McCartyville wrote:
> I am at my wits end. I have never had a problem with Windows Update before
> now, but now cannot even get the window to come up that asks me if I want
> go to the "Express" or "Custom" update!!
> What I get is "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display
> the
> page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
> solve
> the problem. " And then it gives very little help. The Error number that
> comes with this problem on my machine is: 0x8007000B.
> Has anyone else experienced this?

FrWelsh@McCartyville

Re: Windows Update
Sorry! I am running 'XP' and have been having these problems since I
upgraded tp SP3. I don't believe that I had turned on automatic update. And
yet once a week, it seems, I would I alway check for updates -- either
Microsoft updates or window updates. I have never attempted a
'repair/install' of windows.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version? Is Automatic Updates enabled?
>
> Did you just (1) reinstall Windows, (2) upgrade/downgrade to another verion
> of Windows, or (3) do a Repair Install of Windows?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> FrWelsh@McCartyville wrote:
> > I am at my wits end. I have never had a problem with Windows Update before
> > now, but now cannot even get the window to come up that asks me if I want
> > go to the "Express" or "Custom" update!!
> > What I get is "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display
> > the
> > page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you
> > solve
> > the problem. " And then it gives very little help. The Error number that
> > comes with this problem on my machine is: 0x8007000B.
> > Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Windows Update
WinXP SP3 is still in beta (although the final version should be released
very soon*). Uninstall WinXP SP3 Beta via Add/Remove Programs and see if
your Windows Update issues persist.

BTW, you'd need to uninstall the beta anyway in order to be able to install
the final release.

=======================

*Windows XP Service Pack 3 Released to Manufacturing
<QP>
Today we are happy to announce that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) has
released to manufacturing (RTM). Windows XP SP3 bits are now working their
way through our manufacturing channels to be available to OEM and Enterprise
customers.

We are also in the final stages of preparing for release to the web (i.e.
you!) on April 29th, via Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center.
Online documentation for Windows XP SP3, such as Microsoft Knowledge Base
articles and the Microsoft TechNet Windows XP TechCenter, will be updated
then. For customers who use Windows XP at home, Windows XP SP3 Automatic
Update distribution for users at home will begin in early summer.
</QP>
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...4173&SiteID=17
[17:04 UTC, 21 April 2008]
--