Update KB938371 Failed on install

Dag Magnus Bardal

Re: Update KB938371 Failed on install
Now I did get the errorcode again when I tried to install.
'Code 80004005'.
And yes, I allready have SP1 installed.

"Dag Magnus Bardal" <dmbardal@broadpark.no> wrote in message
>I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 Intregated,
> and when I ran updates I failed at installing one update;
> 'KB938371'.
>
> I did some searching, and it seems this is only for those who wants to
> install SP1 via the Windows Update Service?
>
> If thats the case, why does it show?
> And if that is not the case, why doesnt it install?
>
> I've tried to reboot, then installing only that update.
> Downloading the update and executing, downloaded -> rebooted ->
> installing.
> But nothing works.
>
> Am I doing anything wrong?
> I know of sevaral people having this problem tho, but what is it? and is
> there a fix?
>
> The errorcode is:
> Well, um. I did get a error code.
> But now I get 'Not needed: 1 update'.
>
> Any way to remove this update or installing it?

Re: Update KB938371 Failed on install
Did Windows Update offer Vista SP1 or did you download/install it manually?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dag Magnus Bardal wrote:
> Now I did get the errorcode again when I tried to install.
> 'Code 80004005'.
> And yes, I allready have SP1 installed.
>
> "Dag Magnus Bardal" <dmbardal@broadpark.no> wrote in message
>> I just installed Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 Intregated,
>> and when I ran updates I failed at installing one update;
>> 'KB938371'.
>>
>> I did some searching, and it seems this is only for those who wants to
>> install SP1 via the Windows Update Service?
>>
>> If thats the case, why does it show?
>> And if that is not the case, why doesnt it install?
>>
>> I've tried to reboot, then installing only that update.
>> Downloading the update and executing, downloaded -> rebooted ->
>> installing.
>> But nothing works.
>>
>> Am I doing anything wrong?
>> I know of sevaral people having this problem tho, but what is it? and is
>> there a fix?
>>
>> The errorcode is:
>> Well, um. I did get a error code.
>> But now I get 'Not needed: 1 update'.
>>
>> Any way to remove this update or installing it?

Re: Update KB938371 Failed on install
PS: Please check your time, date, and time zone settings. You appear to be
posting from the future.