Error code: 800B0100

notnek

Error code: 800B0100
I've had this problem for many months now and was wondering if there were any
new solutions to the problem.

Whenever windows update tires to search for updates, I get the error code
800B0100. I get the same error when I try to download sp1 manually.

I phoned dell a few months ago and they tried to fix it but gave up. I've
tried everything that has been mentioned in this forum (except formatting my
disc) but had no luck. Any new ideas?

Re: Error code: 800B0100
Assuming Vista, see...

System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

notnek wrote:
> I've had this problem for many months now and was wondering if there were
> any new solutions to the problem.
>
> Whenever windows update tires to search for updates, I get the error code
> 800B0100. I get the same error when I try to download sp1 manually.
>
> I phoned dell a few months ago and they tried to fix it but gave up. I've
> tried everything that has been mentioned in this forum (except formatting
> my
> disc) but had no luck. Any new ideas?

notnek

Re: Error code: 800B0100
Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the update and I still get the same
error. Am I meant to be able to see the scan when it occurs because I didn't
notice any scan after the update was installed.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Assuming Vista, see...
>
> System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> notnek wrote:
> > I've had this problem for many months now and was wondering if there were
> > any new solutions to the problem.
> >
> > Whenever windows update tires to search for updates, I get the error code
> > 800B0100. I get the same error when I try to download sp1 manually.
> >
> > I phoned dell a few months ago and they tried to fix it but gave up. I've
> > tried everything that has been mentioned in this forum (except formatting
> > my
> > disc) but had no luck. Any new ideas?

Re: Error code: 800B0100
I would NOT attempt to install Vista SP1 unless it's offered by Windows
Update (cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343)!

I'd recommend that you contact MS Support in an attempt to resolve the
problem:

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
US:
CA:
UK:
AU:
Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
--
~PA Bear

notnek wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the update and I still get the same
> error. Am I meant to be able to see the scan when it occurs because I
> didn't
> notice any scan after the update was installed.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Assuming Vista, see...
>>
>> System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> notnek wrote:
>>> I've had this problem for many months now and was wondering if there
>>> were
>>> any new solutions to the problem.
>>>
>>> Whenever windows update tires to search for updates, I get the error
>>> code
>>> 800B0100. I get the same error when I try to download sp1 manually.
>>>
>>> I phoned dell a few months ago and they tried to fix it but gave up.
>>> I've
>>> tried everything that has been mentioned in this forum (except
>>> formatting
>>> my
>>> disc) but had no luck. Any new ideas?

Mark Dee

Re: Error code: 800B0100

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I would NOT attempt to install Vista SP1 unless it's offered by Windows
> Update (cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343)!
>
> I'd recommend that you contact MS Support in an attempt to resolve the
> problem:
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
> • CA:
> • UK:
> • AU:
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> notnek wrote:
> > Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the update and I still get the same
> > error. Am I meant to be able to see the scan when it occurs because I
> > didn't
> > notice any scan after the update was installed.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Assuming Vista, see...
> >>
> >> System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

notnek

Re: Error code: 800B0100
Thank you for your help. MS support recommended I upgraded Vista from the
installation disc. This solved the problem and I no longer get the error code.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> I would NOT attempt to install Vista SP1 unless it's offered by Windows
> Update (cf. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343)!
>
> I'd recommend that you contact MS Support in an attempt to resolve the
> problem:
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
> • CA:
> • UK:
> • AU:
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> notnek wrote:
> > Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the update and I still get the same
> > error. Am I meant to be able to see the scan when it occurs because I
> > didn't
> > notice any scan after the update was installed.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >> Assuming Vista, see...
> >>
> >> System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/