Error Code 0x80072EFD: PLEASE HELP

Viksing

Error Code 0x80072EFD: PLEASE HELP
Hi,
my Windows Visata Ultimate was updating itself since the 14th January 08 but
now i keep getting the error message 0x80072EFD everytime i try upating the
OS. I have even followed the KB on the subject in relation to the error but i
am getting no joy. It would be too painful for me to perform a
re-installation of the OS. Can someone help me with resolving that specific
error.

Thank yoiu,

Vik.

Re: Error Code 0x80072EFD: PLEASE HELP
Are you referring to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941? If so, did you
use the Guided Help feature?

=====================
Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea Timer,
AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
=====================

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

Support for Windows Update:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Viksing wrote:
> my Windows Visata Ultimate was updating itself since the 14th January 08
> but
> now i keep getting the error message 0x80072EFD everytime i try upating
> the
> OS. I have even followed the KB on the subject in relation to the error
> but
> i am getting no joy. It would be too painful for me to perform a
> re-installation of the OS. Can someone help me with resolving that
> specific
> error.

TaurArian

RE: Error Code 0x80072EFD: PLEASE HELP
80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

The last person with this problem, they reported that their firewall was
blocking access to WU.

Have you checked your firewall?

"Viksing" wrote:

> Hi,
> my Windows Visata Ultimate was updating itself since the 14th January 08 but
> now i keep getting the error message 0x80072EFD everytime i try upating the
> OS. I have even followed the KB on the subject in relation to the error but i
> am getting no joy. It would be too painful for me to perform a
> re-installation of the OS. Can someone help me with resolving that specific
> error.
>
> Thank yoiu,
>
> Vik.

Re: Error Code 0x80072EFD: PLEASE HELP
> Are you referring to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941? If so, did
> you
> use the Guided Help feature?

Please disregard the Guided Help comment as it's not available to Vista
users. [!?!]
--
~PA Bear