NET Framework 1.0 SP 3 Update Failure

James Darby

NET Framework 1.0 SP 3 Update Failure
Last week I started having troubles with an update for NET Framework 2.0
that had been pushed down to my XP PC by update. I finally got it
installed by uninstalling every version of NET Framework and
reinstalling from 1.0 up to 2.0.

Now Update is pushing NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3. Installation
always fails, but update constantly bugs me to make the update.

The kicker is that when I go into the control panel NET Framework 1.0 is
no longer listed as being on my PC. The lowest version I have is 1.1.

Is there any way to set my PC to tell update that 1.0 is not on my PC
and not to try and push an update to something that isn't even there.

Manatee
Engel

RE: NET Framework 1.0 SP 3 Update Failure
Hello James,

Have a look to this:

How to Hide Updates in Vista
<http://www.petri.co.il/hide_updates_windows_vista.htm>

A. Click View available updates
B. Right-click on the update you wish to hide
C. Click Hide Update
D. Confirm the UAC if needed

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ┬║ut.
- -- ---

"James Darby" wrote:

> Last week I started having troubles with an update for NET Framework 2.0
> that had been pushed down to my XP PC by update. I finally got it
> installed by uninstalling every version of NET Framework and
> reinstalling from 1.0 up to 2.0.
>
> Now Update is pushing NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3. Installation
> always fails, but update constantly bugs me to make the update.
>
> The kicker is that when I go into the control panel NET Framework 1.0 is
> no longer listed as being on my PC. The lowest version I have is 1.1.
>
> Is there any way to set my PC to tell update that 1.0 is not on my PC
> and not to try and push an update to something that isn't even there.
>
> Manatee

James Darby

RE: NET Framework 1.0 SP 3 Update Failure
Thanks anyway, but this is no help.

I mentioned that the PC has XP, not Vista. I failed to mention that it
has Windows Media Edition 2005 rather than the regular XP OS.

I suspect having Windows Media Edition may be part of my problem.

Manatee

In article <FEC67774-627F-4086-A493-14FA6D15D739@microsoft.com>,
Engel@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hello James,
>
> Have a look to this:
>
> How to Hide Updates in Vista
> <http://www.petri.co.il/hide_updates_windows_vista.htm>
>
> A. Click View available updates
> B. Right-click on the update you wish to hide
> C. Click Hide Update
> D. Confirm the UAC if needed
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ┬║ut.

Re: NET Framework 1.0 SP 3 Update Failure
See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/