avast antivirus...help!!!!!!!!

Gui..

avast antivirus...help!!!!!!!!
hi u guys!!

huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the right
community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please answer
me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge them...
well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that appears,there's the
site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message appeared:
"welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked 'desconnect'
and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

TaurArian

Re: avast antivirus...help!!!!!!!!
Try: http://forum.avast.com/

"disconnect" see: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disconnect

Newsgroup for Security/Viruses -

OE client -
or
Web client -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...security.virus

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| hi u guys!!
|
| huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the right
| community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please answer
| me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
| today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
| google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge them...
| well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that appears,there's the
| site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message appeared:
| "welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
| so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
| the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked 'desconnect'
| and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
| found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
| what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

Re: avast antivirus...help!!!!!!!!
This is not a Windows Update issue.

Asked/Answered in IE General newsgroup. If you must make identical posts to
multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Gui.. wrote:
> hi u guys!!
>
> huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the
> right
> community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please
> answer
> me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on
> google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge
> them... well i clicked one and as usual,under the image that
> appears,there's the
> site where it came from..when the page loaded,the following message
> appeared: "welcome to..." (i forgot the name of the site)
> so i just clicked ok...right after,avast antivirus found a virus...and on
> the message shown was telling me to desconnect...well i clicked
> 'desconnect'
> and then i closed the web page....i ran the antivirus on my pc and avast
> found no more viruses,but i don't know if the virus is outta my pc..
> what does the command 'desconnect' mean on the avast message???

Michael Jennings

Re: avast antivirus...help!!!!!!!!
You can clean install whatever Windows you won't say you have.
As for the right group, Googling "avast forums" yields this link:
http://forum.avast.com/
Think about posting there before getting the clean installation going.