KB944338 Fails to Download

koikeepr

KB944338 Fails to Download
The error code is 0x8007F0F4.....Any ideas what is causing this????

Re: KB944338 Fails to Download
Assuming WinXP SP2 with IE7 installed:

Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 & reboot:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81

(if any)? Were ANY of these active (turned on) when you originally
installed IE7?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

koikeepr wrote:
> The error code is 0x8007F0F4.....Any ideas what is causing this????

Kishijoten

Re: KB944338 Fails to Download
Thank you SO much. I was having this same problem and downloading and
installing Windows Script 5.7 from the link in your post below resolved it.
Thanks again!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Assuming WinXP SP2 with IE7 installed:
>
> Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 & reboot:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were ANY of these active (turned on) when you originally
> installed IE7?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> koikeepr wrote:
> > The error code is 0x8007F0F4.....Any ideas what is causing this????

Re: KB944338 Fails to Download
YW.

Repost:

--
~PA Bear

Kishijoten wrote:
> Thank you SO much. I was having this same problem and downloading and
> installing Windows Script 5.7 from the link in your post below resolved
> it.
> Thanks again!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Assuming WinXP SP2 with IE7 installed:
>>
>> Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 & reboot:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were ANY of these active (turned on) when you originally
>> installed IE7?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> koikeepr wrote:
>>> The error code is 0x8007F0F4.....Any ideas what is causing this????

koikeepr

Re: KB944338 Fails to Download
Now when I query for updates, there are no updates to be performed. I don't
know if this is good or bad, I am assuming good and that the update was
performed outside of the normal system maintenance package.

I am running WINXP Pro SP2 with Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2008
installed. I have no other Spyware installed. I don't remember for sure
about the install of IE7, but unless there were specific instructions to turn
firewall and virus protection off, it was left on.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Assuming WinXP SP2 with IE7 installed:
>
> Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 & reboot:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were ANY of these active (turned on) when you originally
> installed IE7?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> koikeepr wrote:
> > The error code is 0x8007F0F4.....Any ideas what is causing this????

Re: KB944338 Fails to Download
You should be OK now.

Required reading IMHO before installing IE7 (too late for you now but keep
in mind if/when you install IE8):

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
~PA Bear

koikeepr wrote:
> Now when I query for updates, there are no updates to be performed. I
> don't
> know if this is good or bad, I am assuming good and that the update was
> performed outside of the normal system maintenance package.
>
> I am running WINXP Pro SP2 with Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2008
> installed. I have no other Spyware installed. I don't remember for sure
> about the install of IE7, but unless there were specific instructions to
> turn firewall and virus protection off, it was left on.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Assuming WinXP SP2 with IE7 installed:
>>
>> Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 & reboot:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were ANY of these active (turned on) when you originally
>> installed IE7?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> koikeepr wrote:
>>> The error code is 0x8007F0F4.....Any ideas what is causing this????

koikeepr

Re: KB944338 Fails to Download
Thank you for all of your help.....it is appreciated.....

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You should be OK now.
>
> Required reading IMHO before installing IE7 (too late for you now but keep
> in mind if/when you install IE8):
>
> Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
> STOP
> http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install
>
> IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> koikeepr wrote:
> > Now when I query for updates, there are no updates to be performed. I
> > don't
> > know if this is good or bad, I am assuming good and that the update was
> > performed outside of the normal system maintenance package.
> >
> > I am running WINXP Pro SP2 with Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2008
> > installed. I have no other Spyware installed. I don't remember for sure
> > about the install of IE7, but unless there were specific instructions to
> > turn firewall and virus protection off, it was left on.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Assuming WinXP SP2 with IE7 installed:
> >>
> >> Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 & reboot:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> >> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
> >> firewall
> >> (if any)? Were ANY of these active (turned on) when you originally
> >> installed IE7?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/