Re: No LAN connection - does not detect network!

Re: No LAN connection - does not detect network!
[Crossposted to Windows Update & Vista Networking newsgroups]

Is Vista SP1 currently installed?

> I was also advised so look at what updates windows has done, I did and
> found
> that the date when it was last updated is about the same time I had these
> problems. I went and uninstalled thsee updates and re-started the laptop
> but
> still no LAN.

What updates did you uninstall?

========================

How to troubleshoot network connectivity problems in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936211
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Fernando Vaz wrote:
> I've had my laptop 6 months using Vista Home Basic and have connected
> through a wired LAN connection everyday. This week, it didn't
> automatically
> connect and when I went to the "Network and sharing centre", selected
> "Full
> map" and selected "Local area network", it doesn't show anything at all.
> It's as if the connection (or the icon) has just disapeared.
>
> I'm not very technically minded, but was advised by Acer (who I bought the
> laptop from) to "Restore factory settings", but I have loads of programs,
> pictures and music and am worried I will loose it all or will have to
> re-load everything (which ideally I don't want to do).
>
> I was also advised so look at what updates windows has done, I did and
> found
> that the date when it was last updated is about the same time I had these
> problems. I went and uninstalled thsee updates and re-started the laptop
> but
> still no LAN.
>
> Any help would be appreciated - please bear in mind though that I'm not
> very
> technical.

Fernando Vaz

Re: No LAN connection - does not detect network!
Hi

Afraid I'm not sure is Vista SP1 is installed - I don't know what this is -
can you tell me how to find out.

and the updates I uninstalled - I've no idea. There were 4 of them I think
all dated the 12/04/08 and they were in the "Microsoft Windows" section.

Sorry!