ZoneAlarm Suite no longer integrates with Windows Security Center

TheAncient

ZoneAlarm Suite no longer integrates with Windows Security Center
I am running XP Pro SP2.
I installed KB926181 and, like with others who posted here, the update kept
showing up. I next tried to follow the jumble of various related bulletins
and postings and
- uninstalled KB936181
- uninstalled KB927978
- removed MSXML4.dll from C:\Windows\System32
- re-installed KB927978 (downloaded .enu package directly from MS Update)
- re-installed KB936181 (downloaded .enu package directly from MS Update)
- Verified MSXML4.dll was present again
At this point, both updates are showing in the Add/Remove programs list but
Windows security center does not recognize that I have ZoneAlarm Security
Suite running and keeps bugging me because it thinks I have no Firewall or
Virus protection.
(Everything was fine before I ever started messing with KB936181)
Any ideas how to get ZoneAlarm and Windows Security Center to 'play nice'
again?

Re: ZoneAlarm Suite no longer integrates with Windows Security Center
What did ZA Support have to say when you contacted them about the problem?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

TheAncient wrote:
> I am running XP Pro SP2.
> I installed KB926181 and, like with others who posted here, the update
> kept
> showing up. I next tried to follow the jumble of various related bulletins
> and postings and
> - uninstalled KB936181
> - uninstalled KB927978
> - removed MSXML4.dll from C:\Windows\System32
> - re-installed KB927978 (downloaded .enu package directly from MS Update)
> - re-installed KB936181 (downloaded .enu package directly from MS Update)
> - Verified MSXML4.dll was present again
> At this point, both updates are showing in the Add/Remove programs list
> but
> Windows security center does not recognize that I have ZoneAlarm Security
> Suite running and keeps bugging me because it thinks I have no Firewall or
> Virus protection.
> (Everything was fine before I ever started messing with KB936181)
> Any ideas how to get ZoneAlarm and Windows Security Center to 'play nice'
> again?

TheAncient

"TheAncient" wrote:

> I am running XP Pro SP2.
> I installed KB926181 and, like with others who posted here, the update kept
> showing up. I next tried to follow the jumble of various related bulletins
> and postings and
> - uninstalled KB936181
> - uninstalled KB927978
> - removed MSXML4.dll from C:\Windows\System32
> - re-installed KB927978 (downloaded .enu package directly from MS Update)
> - re-installed KB936181 (downloaded .enu package directly from MS Update)
> - Verified MSXML4.dll was present again
> At this point, both updates are showing in the Add/Remove programs list but
> Windows security center does not recognize that I have ZoneAlarm Security
> Suite running and keeps bugging me because it thinks I have no Firewall or
> Virus protection.
> (Everything was fine before I ever started messing with KB936181)
> Any ideas how to get ZoneAlarm and Windows Security Center to 'play nice'
> again?

I re- installed ZoneAlarm, rebooted, and now Windows Security Center sees
ZoneAlarm and is, apparently, happy for the time being.
A number of other strange things happened though: Cyberhawk detected a
potentially dangerous application: WGA, and all network drives showed up as
newly discovered UPnP devices. Something is going on behind the scenes that
Microsoft is not telling us about....
In any case, my problem is resolved.
TheAncient

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What did ZA Support have to say when you contacted them about the problem?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

I never spoke to ZA Support: "Something" was broken so I simply re-installed
ome of the broken pieces and it was easier to re-install ZA rather than
Windows Security Center.