Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails

Pieman

Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
hi, I just tried to install an important windows security update (KB938371)
but I keep getting a failed update message with error code 80073715. I've
tried re-installing but keep getting the same error.

Any ideas how I can fix this please?

Thanks

Re: Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
You cannot install some updates or programs:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798

==============================

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
US:
CA:
UK:
AU:
Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

==============================

How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Windows Vista SP1 FAQ:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...a-sp1-faq.aspx

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx

Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Pieman wrote:
> hi, I just tried to install an important windows security update
> (KB938371)
> but I keep getting a failed update message with error code 80073715. I've
> tried re-installing but keep getting the same error.
>
> Any ideas how I can fix this please?
>
> Thanks

Pieman

Re: Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried going through the steps in the support page
at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798 but the update still won't
install.

Any further ideas?

Simon

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You cannot install some updates or programs:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798
>
> ==============================
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
> • CA:
> • UK:
> • AU:
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>
> ==============================
>
> How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
>
> Windows Vista SP1 FAQ:
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...a-sp1-faq.aspx
>
> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx
>
> Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Pieman wrote:
> > hi, I just tried to install an important windows security update
> > (KB938371)
> > but I keep getting a failed update message with error code 80073715. I've
> > tried re-installing but keep getting the same error.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can fix this please?
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
Repost:

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge [as in FREE] through 18 Mar-09

Pieman wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried going through the steps in the support
> page at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798 but the update still
> won't
> install.
>
> Any further ideas?
>
> Simon
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You cannot install some updates or programs:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798
>>
>> ==============================
>>
>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>> available
>> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
>> • US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>>
>> ==============================
>>
>> How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
>>
>> Windows Vista SP1 FAQ:
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...a-sp1-faq.aspx
>>
>> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx
>>
>> Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> (SP1):
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
>> -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Pieman wrote:
>>> hi, I just tried to install an important windows security update
>>> (KB938371)
>>> but I keep getting a failed update message with error code 80073715.
>>> I've
>>> tried re-installing but keep getting the same error.
>>>
>>> Any ideas how I can fix this please?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Pieman

Re: Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
I don't think I have sp1 installed - i have never installed it.

Simon

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Repost:
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at no charge [as in FREE] through 18 Mar-09
> • US:
> • CA:
> • UK:
> • AU:
> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Pieman wrote:
> > Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried going through the steps in the support
> > page at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798 but the update still
> > won't
> > install.
> >
> > Any further ideas?
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You cannot install some updates or programs:
> >>
> >> ==============================
> >>
> >> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
> >> available
> >> at no charge through 18 Mar-09
> >> • US:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> • CA:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> • UK:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> • AU:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> >> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> >>
> >> ==============================
> >>
> >> How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791
> >>
> >> Windows Vista SP1 FAQ:
> >> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...a-sp1-faq.aspx
> >>
> >> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
> >> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx
> >>
> >> Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> >> (SP1):
> >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
> >> -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
Nevertheless, you'll need to install SP1 and you may not be able to do so
until you get KB938371 installed; ergo, what I posted is a logical (and
free) support option for you.

"Pieman" wrote:
>I don't think I have sp1 installed - i have never installed it.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Repost:
>>
>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>> available
>> at no charge [as in FREE] through 18 Mar-09
>> • US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> Pieman wrote:
>> > Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried going through the steps in the
>> > support
>> > page at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798 but the update still
>> > won't
>> > install.
>> >
>> > Any further ideas?
>> >
>> > Simon

kalai

Re: Important windows vista update (KB938371) fails
Hi,
I have vista SP1 but, still I am facing same problem. everyday I used to
give an update and all the time it shows me the udpate failed message.

could u please help me out.

thanks & regards,
Kalai