KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD

TRUCKBYTEME

KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MANY TIMES BUT KEEP GETTING ERROR CODE
0X8007F0F4. WHEN I FIND OUT WHAT TIS ERROR IS IT TELLS ME TO PLUG COMPUTER
IN. THAT I'M GETTING THIS CODE BECUASE I'M RUNNING ON BATTERY. PROBLEM IS
COMPUTER IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN! SUGGESTIONS?
needinhelp

RE: KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
I am having the same problem and get the message: Error Code: 0x8007F0F4
PLEASE HELP

"TRUCKBYTEME" wrote:

> HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MANY TIMES BUT KEEP GETTING ERROR CODE
> 0X8007F0F4. WHEN I FIND OUT WHAT TIS ERROR IS IT TELLS ME TO PLUG COMPUTER
> IN. THAT I'M GETTING THIS CODE BECUASE I'M RUNNING ON BATTERY. PROBLEM IS
> COMPUTER IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN! SUGGESTIONS?

Re: KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
(if any)? Were any of these applications enabled when you originally
installed IE7?
=======================
1. Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81

2. Reboot.

3. Is KB944338 still offered?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

TRUCKBYTEME wrote:
> HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MANY TIMES BUT KEEP GETTING ERROR CODE
> 0X8007F0F4. WHEN I FIND OUT WHAT TIS ERROR IS IT TELLS ME TO PLUG COMPUTER
> IN. THAT I'M GETTING THIS CODE BECUASE I'M RUNNING ON BATTERY. PROBLEM IS
> COMPUTER IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN! SUGGESTIONS?

needinhelp

Re: KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
Thanks PA Bear. Did the download and now I am not promted to download KB944338.

I am running Norton 360.

I do show that the update failed (KB944338) in history, but update is
showing that no critical updates need to be installed. So, problem fixed TYVM

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were any of these applications enabled when you originally
> installed IE7?
> =======================
> 1. Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
>
> 2. Reboot.
>
> 3. Is KB944338 still offered?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> TRUCKBYTEME wrote:
> > HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MANY TIMES BUT KEEP GETTING ERROR CODE
> > 0X8007F0F4. WHEN I FIND OUT WHAT TIS ERROR IS IT TELLS ME TO PLUG COMPUTER
> > IN. THAT I'M GETTING THIS CODE BECUASE I'M RUNNING ON BATTERY. PROBLEM IS
> > COMPUTER IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN! SUGGESTIONS?

Re: KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
YW.

Had you disabled your Norton application *before* you installed IE7
(whenever you installed it)?

needinhelp wrote:
> Thanks PA Bear. Did the download and now I am not promted to download
> KB944338.
>
> I am running Norton 360.
>
> I do show that the update failed (KB944338) in history, but update is
> showing that no critical updates need to be installed. So, problem fixed
> TYVM
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were any of these applications enabled when you originally
>> installed IE7?
>> =======================
>> 1. Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
>>
>> 2. Reboot.
>>
>> 3. Is KB944338 still offered?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> TRUCKBYTEME wrote:
>>> HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MANY TIMES BUT KEEP GETTING ERROR
>>> CODE
>>> 0X8007F0F4. WHEN I FIND OUT WHAT TIS ERROR IS IT TELLS ME TO PLUG
>>> COMPUTER
>>> IN. THAT I'M GETTING THIS CODE BECUASE I'M RUNNING ON BATTERY. PROBLEM
>>> IS
>>> COMPUTER IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN! SUGGESTIONS?

Edz

Re: KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
I have the same problem, have installed IE7, probably with Webroot Sysweeper
and AVG running. I have installed the script and the problem has solved (i.e.
no more KB944338 showing up for installation).
Is it OK now or should I change more things?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> YW.
>
> Had you disabled your Norton application *before* you installed IE7
> (whenever you installed it)?
>
> needinhelp wrote:
> > Thanks PA Bear. Did the download and now I am not promted to download
> > KB944338.
> >
> > I am running Norton 360.
> >
> > I do show that the update failed (KB944338) in history, but update is
> > showing that no critical updates need to be installed. So, problem fixed
> > TYVM
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> >> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
> >> firewall
> >> (if any)? Were any of these applications enabled when you originally
> >> installed IE7?
> >> =======================
> >> 1. Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
> >>
> >> 2. Reboot.
> >>
> >> 3. Is KB944338 still offered?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: KB944338 FAILS TO DOWNLOAD
You should be OK now, Edz. Chances are that you wouldn't have had the
problem if you'd disabled AVG and Spysweeper prior to installing IE7.
--
~PA Bear