Driver update for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Tassie

Driver update for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Hi!

I've got a slightly different question about this graphic controller
please.

When I looked in the details for this update, I could not find any
information as to whether it can be uninstalled from the comp,
after installing.

I have winxp pro with ie7. Can some one please tell me where
I can find this info?

Thank you.
realcestmoi

Re: Driver update for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Hi there,

Sorry but your question is not clear at all, which update where did you find
it?

Why update? Is the hardware not working well?
Hi there,

Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
Microsoft hardware.

If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.

If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.

If you accidently did take the optional drivers from windows update try
booting last known good configuration, rolling back on the driver or system
restore or
restore from the system backup you hopefully made.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Tassie" <tassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I've got a slightly different question about this graphic controller
> please.
>
> When I looked in the details for this update, I could not find any
> information as to whether it can be uninstalled from the comp,
> after installing.
>
> I have winxp pro with ie7. Can some one please tell me where
> I can find this info?
>
> Thank you.

Tassie

Re: Driver update for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Control
Thanks! I guess I may not need it then.

I went to Win update to see if there were updates needed for
my comp.

There were no critical ones, but beside "custom" It said; "Select
from optional and high-priority updates for Windows and other
programs"

So I looked through the ones listed and thought my comp
would benifit from them because they were listed.

Thanks for letting me know. I should find out more about
what I install.
Ofcause I may not need it!

Thank again!

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Sorry but your question is not clear at all, which update where did you find
> it?
>
> Why update? Is the hardware not working well?
> Hi there,
>
> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
> Microsoft hardware.
>
> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
>
> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
>
> If you accidently did take the optional drivers from windows update try
> booting last known good configuration, rolling back on the driver or system
> restore or
> restore from the system backup you hopefully made.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>

> "Tassie" <tassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've got a slightly different question about this graphic controller
> > please.
> >
> > When I looked in the details for this update, I could not find any
> > information as to whether it can be uninstalled from the comp,
> > after installing.
> >
> > I have winxp pro with ie7. Can some one please tell me where
> > I can find this info?
> >
> > Thank you.

karengreen is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Driver update for Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Control
Hi,

I would recommend not to update the display driver until it is not working properly or not supporting your game.

Also i would suggest you to not try various updates till you are sure about the update you are installing.

Instead you can try some driver updating applications like Driver Robot, Driver Rescue or Advanced Driver Optimizer they will get you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dont have to search them they will download the latest updates and will install them .

u can try there trial version to see if they show updates. I prefer Advanced Driver Optimizer as with it I have to just scan and can update all my drivers in single click.

The best part is if it installed incorrect driver then I can roll back using their restore facility.