Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Update error 8024402C on Vista

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008
Chris
 

Posts: n/a
Update error 8024402C on Vista
I keep geting this error on Windows Update on Vista. I have tried everything
recommended by Microsoft to resolve this with no luck. Anyone have any luck
with this issue. Let me know, thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Update error 8024402C on Vista
8024402C - When you have a direct Internet connection or connecting to a home
network –

Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options,
click the Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
check box, and then click OK.


"Chris" wrote:

> I keep geting this error on Windows Update on Vista. I have tried everything
> recommended by Microsoft to resolve this with no luck. Anyone have any luck
> with this issue. Let me know, thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2008
jbm516
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Update error 8024402C on Vista
im getting this same error code on my vista, and i have tried what you just
suggested and it is still not working

"TaurArian" wrote:

> 8024402C - When you have a direct Internet connection or connecting to a home
> network –
>
> Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options,
> click the Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
> Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
> check box, and then click OK.
>
>
> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > I keep geting this error on Windows Update on Vista. I have tried everything
> > recommended by Microsoft to resolve this with no luck. Anyone have any luck
> > with this issue. Let me know, thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2008
Chris
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Update error 8024402C on Vista
Likewise. I said in my original post that I had tried everything suggested by
Microsoft to resolve this, including activating the auto detect settings in
internet explorer with no success.

"jbm516" wrote:

> im getting this same error code on my vista, and i have tried what you just
> suggested and it is still not working
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > 8024402C - When you have a direct Internet connection or connecting to a home
> > network –
> >
> > Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options,
> > click the Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
> > Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
> > check box, and then click OK.
> >
> >
> > "Chris" wrote:
> >
> > > I keep geting this error on Windows Update on Vista. I have tried everything
> > > recommended by Microsoft to resolve this with no luck. Anyone have any luck
> > > with this issue. Let me know, thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2008
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Update error 8024402C on Vista
Sorry, I assumed you had checked your firewall settings etc.

Perhaps you can do a little research :
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=8024402C&meta=

Something is stopping WU getting through like a firewall, proxy settings etc.

"Chris" wrote:

> Likewise. I said in my original post that I had tried everything suggested by
> Microsoft to resolve this, including activating the auto detect settings in
> internet explorer with no success.
>
> "jbm516" wrote:
>
> > im getting this same error code on my vista, and i have tried what you just
> > suggested and it is still not working
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > 8024402C - When you have a direct Internet connection or connecting to a home
> > > network –
> > >
> > > Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options,
> > > click the Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
> > > Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings
> > > check box, and then click OK.
> > >
> > >
> > > "Chris" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I keep geting this error on Windows Update on Vista. I have tried everything
> > > > recommended by Microsoft to resolve this with no luck. Anyone have any luck
> > > > with this issue. Let me know, thanks.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update error 8024402c on Vista Chris microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 05-15-2008 17:20
Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C peterson microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 03-03-2008 14:38
Windows vista update error 8024402C michel microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 01-25-2008 05:48
update error 8024402C nk5 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 01-12-2008 05:10
Update Error 8024402C treeart microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 1 08-31-2007 21:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120