Vista SP1 Removes Files?

apitman

Vista SP1 Removes Files?
I just installed Vista SP1 from Microsoft Update. Before the update I had
about 49GB left available on my 200GB drive. After installing SP1 I now have
66GB available.

Does this mean that made Vista smaller or am I now missing things that I had
before?

TaurArian

RE: Vista SP1 Removes Files?
Perhaps it deleted some old restore points.

"apitman" wrote:

> I just installed Vista SP1 from Microsoft Update. Before the update I had
> about 49GB left available on my 200GB drive. After installing SP1 I now have
> 66GB available.
>
> Does this mean that made Vista smaller or am I now missing things that I had
> before?

apitman

RE: Vista SP1 Removes Files?
Wow, 20 GB in restore points. Why am I not surprised.

Is there any way to verify this?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Perhaps it deleted some old restore points.
>
> "apitman" wrote:
>
> > I just installed Vista SP1 from Microsoft Update. Before the update I had
> > about 49GB left available on my 200GB drive. After installing SP1 I now have
> > 66GB available.
> >
> > Does this mean that made Vista smaller or am I now missing things that I had
> > before?

TaurArian

Re: Vista SP1 Removes Files?
Check you SR settings and see how much space has been allocated.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"apitman" <apitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Wow, 20 GB in restore points. Why am I not surprised.
|
| Is there any way to verify this?
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Perhaps it deleted some old restore points.
| >
| > "apitman" wrote:
| >
| > > I just installed Vista SP1 from Microsoft Update. Before the update I had
| > > about 49GB left available on my 200GB drive. After installing SP1 I now have
| > > 66GB available.
| > >
| > > Does this mean that made Vista smaller or am I now missing things that I had
| > > before?

apitman

Re: Vista SP1 Removes Files?
I found system restore, but can't seem to find that setting. Could you give
step by step Vista instructions for getting to that setting please?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Check you SR settings and see how much space has been allocated.
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "apitman" <apitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Wow, 20 GB in restore points. Why am I not surprised.
> |
> | Is there any way to verify this?
> |
> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > Perhaps it deleted some old restore points.

Shenan Stanley

Re: Vista SP1 Removes Files?
apitman wrote:
> I found system restore, but can't seem to find that setting. Could
> you give step by step Vista instructions for getting to that
> setting please?

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Change the Amount of Disk Space Used by System Restore in Windows Vista
http://www.petri.co.il/change_amount... _in_vista.htm

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP