Vista SP1

I am wondering if I am the only one that didn't get SP1 in windows update as
of yet? I was waiting for it to come into Windows update but didn't show up
so far my SP1 has not shown up am I the only one that hasn't recieved the Sp1?
Gui

RE: Vista SP1
beats me!

"Vista SP1" wrote:

> I am wondering if I am the only one that didn't get SP1 in windows update as
> of yet? I was waiting for it to come into Windows update but didn't show up
> so far my SP1 has not shown up am I the only one that hasn't recieved the Sp1?

Re: Vista SP1
1. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 [may not be] available for installation from
Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

2. Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
available at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:
• CA:
• UK:
• AU:
• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
=========================
How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx

Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Vista SP1 wrote:
> I am wondering if I am the only one that didn't get SP1 in windows update
> as
> of yet? I was waiting for it to come into Windows update but didn't show
> up
> so far my SP1 has not shown up am I the only one that hasn't recieved the
> Sp1?

WILLY LIN

RE: Vista SP1

"Vista SP1" wrote:

> I am wondering if I am the only one that didn't get SP1 in windows update as
> of yet? I was waiting for it to come into Windows update but didn't show up
> so far my SP1 has not shown up am I the only one that hasn't recieved the Sp1?

Vista SP1

RE: Vista SP1
No you are NOT the only one I have Not gotten SP1 as of yet and can NOT get
any help on these boards except the usual garbage that these people write..
am I or am I NOT going to get the SP1 yet? someone please answer that for me.
P A Bear says its may not be offered by Automatic Download and YES it is..
just not mine and I know some others also.

"Vista SP1" wrote:

> I am wondering if I am the only one that didn't get SP1 in windows update as
> of yet? I was waiting for it to come into Windows update but didn't show up
> so far my SP1 has not shown up am I the only one that hasn't recieved the Sp1?

Shenan Stanley

Re: Vista SP1

Vista SP1 wrote:
> No you are NOT the only one I have Not gotten SP1 as of yet and can
> NOT get any help on these boards except the usual garbage that
> these people write.. am I or am I NOT going to get the SP1 yet?
> someone please answer that for me. P A Bear says its may not be
> offered by Automatic Download and YES it is.. just not mine and I
> know some others also.

Examining your sentence starting with "P A Bear says"...

Given I believe you mean that you know some others (and yourself) that have
*not* been offered Vista SP1 by automatic updates, then I have to ask if you
have read the Microsoft KB article:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 [may not be] available for
installation from Windows Update and is not offered by
Automatic Updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

,,, also posted by PA Bear? Have you further confirmed that causes 1-7 do
not apply to your situation? Have you discovered anything else?

Have you tried to get free technical support from those who created not only
the service pack in question, but the operating system it is being applied
to - given that it is freely offered to you for problems surrounding SP1?

Windows Vista Solution Center
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11732#tab0

Specifically:

Might I suggest that you check out and know the following pages well:

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Things to Know Before You Download:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx

Windows Vista Help: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1):
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx

As those pages will make sure that the problem is not something already
solved in those pages and so you can tell the people you contact at
Microsoft using the link above that you have indeed checked those things
(I'd suggest printing those pages and going through each problem noted with
Vista SP1 and its installation and confirming it should not be a problem on
your system and checking that item off the list and then - if you go through
them all - using that list to explain to the Microsoft Tech Support what you
have tried and know is not your problem. It is better - for all parties
involved - if the one experiencing the issue understand it as well as
possible before calling. Shortens the troubleshooting time immensely as
well as the one experiencing the issue has more familiarity with the tasks
they may be asked to do after checking into it at their own pace of
learning.)

Then - after your problem is resolved or not, even during the resolution
(write things down) - I highly suggest you come back here and post your
entire situation and the end-solution for the benefit and reading of
everyone.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Taufik Hekel

RE: Vista SP1

So many problem since I installed vsita in my computer to replace the XP.
Juat to connect into internet to get widows update, the problem I got was
"wondows could not search for new updates error code 80072EFD"

Is there somebody give me an advise to cease the problem ?

Re: Vista SP1
You may receive an..."Error 0x80072EFD"...error message when you try to use
the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> [...]

> Vista SP1 and its installation and confirming it should not be a problem on
> your system and checking that item off the list and then - if you go through
> them all - using that list to explain to the Microsoft Tech Support what you
> have tried and know is not your problem. It is better - for all parties
> involved - if the one experiencing the issue understand it as well as
> possible before calling. Shortens the troubleshooting time immensely as
> well as the one experiencing the issue has more familiarity with the tasks
> they may be asked to do after checking into it at their own pace of
> learning.)
>
> Then - after your problem is resolved or not, even during the resolution
> (write things down) - I highly suggest you come back here and post your
> entire situation and the end-solution for the benefit and reading of

Yes I have called Microsoft with still no help.. I have and I believe there
are two updates that you need for SP1 and those are kb 937289 and kb 938371
they are both in my Windows update and are sucsessfully installed . When I
called Microsoft they downloaded for me kb 947821 then Microsoft person told
me that would clear it up and then I should see SP1 which of course I didn't
and still don't have SP1 in my update history... so i said well maybe after
this months downloads which happeded this evening maybe I would see it and
again I was disappointed because I still don't have SP1 show up on my
Automatic Updates in my Microsoft update.. so my question is when will I get
it or will I be getting it in my Windows Update? I don't want to try the
standalone for SP1 because Microsoft says they strongly recommend us to wait
for Windows Update and again when is it going to show up on my Windows
Update?? And I know there are many others that still don't have SP! and again
my question is will I be getting my SP! in my Windows update... I have
checked over the web site and checked over it to see what is wrong.. waiting
for a call back from Microsoft but this is frustrating NOT getting SP1 to
show up on my Windows Update.

txlevi

Re: Vista SP1
I have tried about everything too. I get the 0X8007000D error. Invalid
data. Lots of help, that is.