vista service pack 1 80070002

Quiksilver

vista service pack 1 80070002
I am trying to update to sp1 and keep getting the error code 80070002 when
updating via "windows Update"

It gets to 20% then comes up with the error code, I then follow the advise
to solve the issue and I get the same.

I have Vista Home Premium 32bit

Anybody have any ideas?
Gaz

RE: vista service pack 1 80070002

"Quiksilver" wrote:

> I am trying to update to sp1 and keep getting the error code 80070002 when
> updating via "windows Update"
>
> It gets to 20% then comes up with the error code, I then follow the advise
> to solve the issue and I get the same.
>
> I have Vista Home Premium 32bit
>
> Anybody have any ideas?

I have the same problem...

Gaz wrote:
> "Quiksilver" wrote:
>> I am trying to update to sp1 and keep getting the error code 80070002
>> when
>> updating via "windows Update"
>>
>> It gets to 20% then comes up with the error code, I then follow the
>> advise
>> to solve the issue and I get the same.
>>
>> I have Vista Home Premium 32bit
>>
>> Anybody have any ideas?

> I have the same problem...

See this previous conversation (concentrate on the more-recent posts):
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...667c09cb402c0/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Quiksilver

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Gaz wrote:
> > "Quiksilver" wrote:
> >> I am trying to update to sp1 and keep getting the error code 80070002
> >> when
> >> updating via "windows Update"
> >>
> >> It gets to 20% then comes up with the error code, I then follow the
> >> advise
> >> to solve the issue and I get the same.
> >>
> >> I have Vista Home Premium 32bit
> >>
> >> Anybody have any ideas?

> > I have the same problem...

> See this previous conversation (concentrate on the more-recent posts):
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...667c09cb402c0/
> --
>
>That links seems to be for a different error code (80070005) then the one i am getting (80070002) or am I missing something here?

Anymore help with this would be great as I want sp1....

more info on issue:
have done suggested fix for issue via help and support (80070002)
check to update driver (none needed)
have not got any sp1 installed already

Sometimes when I click check for updates I have sp1 sometimes after
following help and support to solve issue I only have silverlight as an
optional install which seems strange.

Once again thanks again for any more help in advance.

Quiksilver wrote:

>>> I have the same problem...

>> See this previous conversation (concentrate on the more-recent posts):
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...667c09cb402c0/
>> --
>>

> That links seems to be for a different error code (80070005) then the one
> i am getting (80070002) or am I missing something here?
>
> Anymore help with this would be great as I want sp1....
>
> more info on issue:
> have done suggested fix for issue via help and support (80070002)
> check to update driver (none needed)
> have not got any sp1 installed already
>
> Sometimes when I click check for updates I have sp1 sometimes after
> following help and support to solve issue I only have silverlight as an
> optional install which seems strange.
>
> Once again thanks again for any more help in advance.

System Update Readiness Tool [FKA CheckSUR tool] for Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 [may not be] available for installation from
Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
US:

CA:

UK:

AU:

Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Quiksilver

Re: vista service pack 1 80070002
ok after a few weeks of still no sp1 I did this>

Renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder

Click Start, Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Stop.
Stopping the service will take a moment.

Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder: a. Click Start, click Run, type
%systemroot%, and then click OK.
b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this
folder.

Click Start. Choose Run.
In the Run box, type services.msc.
Click OK.
Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
Click Start.
Starting the service will take a moment.

Guess what it got pass 20% and started to install, great click agree and ok
to all windows it came up installing "might take an hour or 2 box"
.................. but hang on it got to 3/4 of the way and came up with
another error code 8024200D .ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So anyone got any ideas on this one, ive got to be close to a fix soon

cheers ...
Quiky

Quiksilver wrote:
> ok after a few weeks of still no sp1 I did this>
>
> Renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder
>
> Click Start, Choose Run.
> In the Run box, type services.msc.
> Click OK.
> Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> Click Stop.
> Stopping the service will take a moment.
>
> Rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder: a. Click Start, click Run, type
> %systemroot%, and then click OK.
> b. Right-click the SoftwareDistribution folder, and then click Rename.
> c. Type SoftwareDistribution.old, and then press ENTER to rename this
> folder.
>
> Click Start. Choose Run.
> In the Run box, type services.msc.
> Click OK.
> Right-click the Automatic Updates service.
> Click Start.
> Starting the service will take a moment.
>
> Guess what it got pass 20% and started to install, great click agree and
> ok
> to all windows it came up installing "might take an hour or 2 box"
> ................. but hang on it got to 3/4 of the way and came up with
> another error code 8024200D .ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>
> So anyone got any ideas on this one, ive got to be close to a fix soon
>
> cheers ...
> Quiky

Quiksilver

Re: vista service pack 1 80070002

> don't seem to know, so anyone having the same problem or could help? with the error codes

80070002 > which I think i have fixed and now got -
8024200D

Thanks again

Quiksilver wrote:
>> don't seem to know, so anyone having the same problem or could help? with
>> the error codes

> 80070002 > which I think i have fixed and now got -
> 8024200D

Once more with feeling:

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:

• CA:

• UK:

• AU:

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ctdashing

Re: vista service pack 1 80070002

PA bear I've visited your link mutiple times, and have tried to install
vista sp1 without success. I have installed the hot fix on the download site
and still cannot install sp1. I have unistalled my antivirus thinking it may
be blocking the site, but still no go. If anyone can help please let me know.
Thank you for your time.