1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then
clicking Windows Update.
2. In the left pane, click View update history.
3. Find an update for Windows that has failed to install, and then double-click the
update to view more information.
Updates that have failed to install will display Failed under Status, next to the update
4. In the Windows Update dialog box, next to Error details, review the error code for the
5. Either follow the links in the Windows Update dialog box under More Information or Help
and Support to try to fix the problem, and then try installing updates again by using
Windows Update in Control Panel or post back with the error code so perhaps someone may be
able to assist further.
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
"er" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
| when i updating the windows, it was suddenly power down.
| now i cant run the windows update anymore.
| it can download the updates via windows update but it cant install.
| it will have a error when it try to install.
| how can i fix this problem.
| thx a lot~~