Office XP SP3 Update

atharsagri

Office XP SP3 Update
Hello,

I m using Win XP Prof SP2 with Office XP Prof. In windows update, it is
everytime giving an update for the above product. When I download and run
this update via windows update procedure, it is giving me an error as follows
: 0x80070643

I hv tried this running more than 5 times and on all times it is giving
error. Pls help. Thankx n regards.
--
Athar Sagri
TaurArian

RE: Office XP SP3 Update
Have you ever used a registry cleaner?

"atharsagri" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I m using Win XP Prof SP2 with Office XP Prof. In windows update, it is
> everytime giving an update for the above product. When I download and run
> this update via windows update procedure, it is giving me an error as follows
> : 0x80070643
>
> I hv tried this running more than 5 times and on all times it is giving
> error. Pls help. Thankx n regards.
> --
> Athar Sagri

atharsagri

RE: Office XP SP3 Update
Hi,
I did not use any registry cleaner. I have another system installed in the
same way. In that system it is not prompting for this office xp sp3 update.
What may be the reason?
Regards,

--
Athar Sagri

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Have you ever used a registry cleaner?
>
> "atharsagri" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I m using Win XP Prof SP2 with Office XP Prof. In windows update, it is
> > everytime giving an update for the above product. When I download and run
> > this update via windows update procedure, it is giving me an error as follows
> > : 0x80070643
> >
> > I hv tried this running more than 5 times and on all times it is giving
> > error. Pls help. Thankx n regards.
> > --
> > Athar Sagri

TaurArian

Re: Office XP SP3 Update
How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the Office Update Web
site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
The Office Update site is currently experiencing some technical difficulties and is unable
to check for updates.
.. Error! The catalog cannot be displayed.
.. Installation unsuccessful.
.. The Office Update Catalog cannot be displayed.
.. The Office Update site is unable to check for updates on this computer.
.. Error 0x80070641
.. Error 0x51F
.. Error 0x530
.. Error 80070643

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"atharsagri" <atharsagri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
| I did not use any registry cleaner. I have another system installed in the
| same way. In that system it is not prompting for this office xp sp3 update.
| What may be the reason?
| Regards,
|
| --
| Athar Sagri
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Have you ever used a registry cleaner?
| >
| > "atharsagri" wrote:
| >
| > > Hello,
| > >
| > > I m using Win XP Prof SP2 with Office XP Prof. In windows update, it is
| > > everytime giving an update for the above product. When I download and run
| > > this update via windows update procedure, it is giving me an error as follows
| > > : 0x80070643
| > >
| > > I hv tried this running more than 5 times and on all times it is giving
| > > error. Pls help. Thankx n regards.
| > > --
| > > Athar Sagri

SG

Re: Office XP SP3 Update
Hi,

First try an Office Repair even though you say you haven't ran any Registry
cleaners it appears to be a "path" problem that is causing you your error.
The Office Repair should fix it, if not, then try this KB Article and ignore
the fact it is for an Office 2003 service pack. Step 2 in that article is
what you are to focus on as it describes how to correct the path, however do
not skip Step 1.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

> Hello,
>
> I m using Win XP Prof SP2 with Office XP Prof. In windows update, it is
> everytime giving an update for the above product. When I download and run
> this update via windows update procedure, it is giving me an error as
> follows
> : 0x80070643
>
> I hv tried this running more than 5 times and on all times it is giving
> error. Pls help. Thankx n regards.
> --
> Athar Sagri

Keith

Re: Office XP SP3 Update
SG:

I am unable to install Windows Updates now and the update web site says I
need updates that were on my computer, such as SP2, I am trying to follow
your advise to do an Office Repair. the process has stoped because file
CC561401.CAB is not found. I don't find it on the Windows XP Professional
2003 installation disk. May I download it?
Please help.

Thank you.
-Keith

"SG" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First try an Office Repair even though you say you haven't ran any Registry
> cleaners it appears to be a "path" problem that is causing you your error.
> The Office Repair should fix it, if not, then try this KB Article and ignore
> the fact it is for an Office 2003 service pack. Step 2 in that article is
> what you are to focus on as it describes how to correct the path, however do
> not skip Step 1.
>
> --
> All the best,
> SG
>
> Is your computer system ready for Vista?
> https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
>
> "atharsagri" <atharsagri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I m using Win XP Prof SP2 with Office XP Prof. In windows update, it is
> > everytime giving an update for the above product. When I download and run
> > this update via windows update procedure, it is giving me an error as
> > follows
> > : 0x80070643
> >
> > I hv tried this running more than 5 times and on all times it is giving
> > error. Pls help. Thankx n regards.
> > --
> > Athar Sagri

SG

Re: Office XP SP3 Update
Read this KB Article, it is large so read it carefully.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826511

If no help then do a Google search for......
CC561401.CAB

The file is on your CD, you most likely have System files hidden.