Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)

foodsleluth

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
Auto updates try to install this 3 times on April 11th. They were all
unsucessfull and I had to roll back system to last good date (10th). The
12thn all was well. April 13th my history shows it installed succesfully.
But now, afternoon of April 13th it is trying to install it AGAIN and it was
not successful and keeps trying to reinstall. This is insane. Any ideas?
I've never had an issue with any Windows update before. I'm on an XP Pro /
Dell machine.
Jules

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)

"foodsleluth" wrote:

> Auto updates try to install this 3 times on April 11th. They were all
> unsucessfull and I had to roll back system to last good date (10th). The
> 12thn all was well. April 13th my history shows it installed succesfully.
> But now, afternoon of April 13th it is trying to install it AGAIN and it was
> not successful and keeps trying to reinstall. This is insane. Any ideas?
> I've never had an issue with any Windows update before.

foodsleluth

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
I wanted to add.. I tried uninstalling the .net framework 2.0 but the
uninstall process gave an error "the installation source for this product is
unavailable". So I can't even unistall it. It may have originally been
installed with another piece of software I no longer have, not sure about
that. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again.

"foodsleluth" wrote:

> Auto updates try to install this 3 times on April 11th. They were all
> unsucessfull and I had to roll back system to last good date (10th). The
> 12thn all was well. April 13th my history shows it installed succesfully.
> But now, afternoon of April 13th it is trying to install it AGAIN and it was
> not successful and keeps trying to reinstall. This is insane. Any ideas?
> I've never had an issue with any Windows update before. I'm on an XP Pro /
> Dell machine.

TaurArian

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework

"foodsleluth" wrote:

> Auto updates try to install this 3 times on April 11th. They were all
> unsucessfull and I had to roll back system to last good date (10th). The
> 12thn all was well. April 13th my history shows it installed succesfully.
> But now, afternoon of April 13th it is trying to install it AGAIN and it was
> not successful and keeps trying to reinstall. This is insane. Any ideas?
> I've never had an issue with any Windows update before. I'm on an XP Pro /
> Dell machine.

foodsleluth

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
Yes, but the difficulty is I have no Idea of the source. It could have been
a demo of a CMS system I was evaluating or I supposed it could have been
preinstalled on my system? Is there anyway to find out the source?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework
>

> "foodsleluth" wrote:
>
> > Auto updates try to install this 3 times on April 11th. They were all
> > unsucessfull and I had to roll back system to last good date (10th). The
> > 12thn all was well. April 13th my history shows it installed succesfully.
> > But now, afternoon of April 13th it is trying to install it AGAIN and it was
> > not successful and keeps trying to reinstall. This is insane. Any ideas?
> > I've never had an issue with any Windows update before. I'm on an XP Pro /
> > Dell machine.

TaurArian

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
Reinstall Framework V2 - use this URL as a guide
When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

"foodsleluth" wrote:

> Yes, but the difficulty is I have no Idea of the source. It could have been
> a demo of a CMS system I was evaluating or I supposed it could have been
> preinstalled on my system? Is there anyway to find out the source?
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;306160
> >

> > "foodsleluth" wrote:
> >
> > > Auto updates try to install this 3 times on April 11th. They were all
> > > unsucessfull and I had to roll back system to last good date (10th). The
> > > 12thn all was well. April 13th my history shows it installed succesfully.
> > > But now, afternoon of April 13th it is trying to install it AGAIN and it was
> > > not successful and keeps trying to reinstall. This is insane. Any ideas?
> > > I've never had an issue with any Windows update before. I'm on an XP Pro /
> > > Dell machine.

mattsss

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
The following link was very helpful - solved the problem for me:
http://www.digwin.com/view/microsoft...b110806-failed

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Reinstall Framework V2 - use this URL as a guide
> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
> you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
> code "1603"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>

> "foodsleluth" wrote:
>
> > Yes, but the difficulty is I have no Idea of the source. It could have been
> > a demo of a CMS system I was evaluating or I supposed it could have been
> > preinstalled on my system? Is there anyway to find out the source?
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;306160

Chuck Dreier

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
I used this tool and followed the instructions. Still a "no go" on getting
the Service Packs to install. Perhaps we can continue this, or another,
thread until we find a solution that does not require us to uninstall
security software, etc.. Lets work on this together.

"TaurArian" <TaurArian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Reinstall Framework V2 - use this URL as a guide
> When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0,
> you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer
> error
> code "1603"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>

> "foodsleluth" wrote:
>
>> Yes, but the difficulty is I have no Idea of the source. It could have
>> been
>> a demo of a CMS system I was evaluating or I supposed it could have been
>> preinstalled on my system? Is there anyway to find out the source?
>>
>> "TaurArian" wrote:
>>
>> > How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;306160

Chuck Dreier

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED. My anti-spyware program was the culprit. When I
shut down Sunbelt's Counter Spy in Services.msc, I was able to install both
the Service Pack for Net Framework 2 as well as Net Framework 3. Hope this
helps!