HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101

boredstiff

HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
What does "Error Code 800F0101" mean? I am getting this error when I attempt
to install an important Windows Update for my Hewlett-Packard - hp psc 2170
series printer/scanner. As I try to install the update, my printer is
powered-on and plugged into my Vista Premium PC. I think this is the updated
driver I need to get back my scanner function.
realcestmoi

Re: HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
Hi there,

It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the all in one
settings.

Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?

Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
Microsoft hardware.

If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.

If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.

If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting
lastknown good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
restore in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full
systembackup you hopefully made.

As I understand the drivers for the HP al in one hp psc 2170 drivers come
wwith the Vista operating system and HP does not provede an update driver
(yet)

You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
isset by going to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver(s) in
question.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"boredstiff" <boredstiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What does "Error Code 800F0101" mean? I am getting this error when I
> attempt
> to install an important Windows Update for my Hewlett-Packard - hp psc
> 2170
> series printer/scanner. As I try to install the update, my printer is
> powered-on and plugged into my Vista Premium PC. I think this is the
> updated
> driver I need to get back my scanner function.

boredstiff

Re: HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
The point is that there is no driver installed at all for my printer/scanner,
and the driver that came with Vista will only allow me to use the printer
with limited features, but not the scanner. I was hoping the driver that
Windows Update is recommending to download for my HP psc 2170 series might
revive the scanner functions. But, as I said, everytime I go to install the
recommended driver from Windows Update, it fails with Error Code 800F0101.
CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ERROR CODE 800F0101 MEANS???

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the all in one
> settings.
>
> Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
>

> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
> Microsoft hardware.
>

> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
>

> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
>

> If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting
> lastknown good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
> restore in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full
> systembackup you hopefully made.
>
> As I understand the drivers for the HP al in one hp psc 2170 drivers come
> wwith the Vista operating system and HP does not provede an update driver
> (yet)
>
> You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
> isset by going to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver(s) in
> question.
>

> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>

> "boredstiff" <boredstiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What does "Error Code 800F0101" mean? I am getting this error when I
> > attempt
> > to install an important Windows Update for my Hewlett-Packard - hp psc
> > 2170
> > series printer/scanner. As I try to install the update, my printer is
> > powered-on and plugged into my Vista Premium PC. I think this is the
> > updated
> > driver I need to get back my scanner function.

Florida Gal :)

Re: HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
hi,
"Google" that error code and see what you come up with..
--
"Have a Great Day"

"boredstiff" wrote:

> The point is that there is no driver installed at all for my printer/scanner,
> and the driver that came with Vista will only allow me to use the printer
> with limited features, but not the scanner. I was hoping the driver that
> Windows Update is recommending to download for my HP psc 2170 series might
> revive the scanner functions. But, as I said, everytime I go to install the
> recommended driver from Windows Update, it fails with Error Code 800F0101.
> CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ERROR CODE 800F0101 MEANS???
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the all in one
> > settings.
> >
> > Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
> >

> > Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
> > Microsoft hardware.
> >

> > If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
> > to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
> >

> > If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
> >

> > If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting
> > lastknown good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
> > restore in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full
> > systembackup you hopefully made.
> >
> > As I understand the drivers for the HP al in one hp psc 2170 drivers come
> > wwith the Vista operating system and HP does not provede an update driver
> > (yet)
> >
> > You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
> > isset by going to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver(s) in
> > question.
> >

> > Best regards,
> > Michel Denie
> >

> > "boredstiff" <boredstiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > What does "Error Code 800F0101" mean? I am getting this error when I
> > > attempt
> > > to install an important Windows Update for my Hewlett-Packard - hp psc
> > > 2170
> > > series printer/scanner. As I try to install the update, my printer is
> > > powered-on and plugged into my Vista Premium PC. I think this is the
> > > updated
> > > driver I need to get back my scanner function.

realcestmoi

Re: HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
Hi there,
Error Code 800F0101: SPAPI_E_SECTION_NOT_FOUND: The required section was not
found in the INF.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduc t=85648

> The point is that there is no driver installed at all for my
> printer/scanner,
> and the driver that came with Vista will only allow me to use the printer
> with limited features, but not the scanner. I was hoping the driver that
> Windows Update is recommending to download for my HP psc 2170 series might
> revive the scanner functions. But, as I said, everytime I go to install
> the
> recommended driver from Windows Update, it fails with Error Code 800F0101.
> CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ERROR CODE 800F0101 MEANS???
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the all in
>> one
>> settings.
>>
>> Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
>>

>> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
>> Microsoft hardware.
>>

>> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper
>> go
>> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
>>

>> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
>>

>> If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting
>> lastknown good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
>> restore in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the
>> full
>> systembackup you hopefully made.
>>
>> As I understand the drivers for the HP al in one hp psc 2170 drivers come
>> wwith the Vista operating system and HP does not provede an update driver
>> (yet)
>>
>> You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
>> isset by going to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver(s)
>> in
>> question.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>>

>> "boredstiff" <boredstiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What does "Error Code 800F0101" mean? I am getting this error when I
>> > attempt
>> > to install an important Windows Update for my Hewlett-Packard - hp psc
>> > 2170
>> > series printer/scanner. As I try to install the update, my printer is
>> > powered-on and plugged into my Vista Premium PC. I think this is the
>> > updated
>> > driver I need to get back my scanner function.

boredstiff

Re: HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
REALCESTMOI.....this is the best answer I received, and although I've
conceded that my scanner will NEVER work with Vista, my printer is running
better since following the instructions in this link. Thank you for help!

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
> Error Code 800F0101: SPAPI_E_SECTION_NOT_FOUND: The required section was not
> found in the INF.
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduc t=85648
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "boredstiff" <boredstiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The point is that there is no driver installed at all for my
> > printer/scanner,
> > and the driver that came with Vista will only allow me to use the printer
> > with limited features, but not the scanner. I was hoping the driver that
> > Windows Update is recommending to download for my HP psc 2170 series might
> > revive the scanner functions. But, as I said, everytime I go to install
> > the
> > recommended driver from Windows Update, it fails with Error Code 800F0101.
> > CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT ERROR CODE 800F0101 MEANS???
> >
> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the all in
> >> one
> >> settings.
> >>
> >> Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
> >>

> >> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
> >> Microsoft hardware.
> >>

> >> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper
> >> go
> >> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
> >>

> >> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
> >>

> >> If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting
> >> lastknown good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
> >> restore in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the
> >> full
> >> systembackup you hopefully made.
> >>
> >> As I understand the drivers for the HP al in one hp psc 2170 drivers come
> >> wwith the Vista operating system and HP does not provede an update driver
> >> (yet)
> >>
> >> You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
> >> isset by going to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver(s)
> >> in
> >> question.
> >>

> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

realcestmoi

Re: HELP!!! Error Code 800F0101
Hi there,

You are most welcome and thanks foor posting back on the issue.