Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate

Sailorman

Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
I'm trying to get Windows update to work and having trouble getting
"wuaueng.dll" to register. I keep getting "weaueng.dll is not an executable
file and no registration helper is registered for this file type". I've
downloaded and re-installed WIndowsLiveAgent tried all the most common fixes.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sailorman

RE: Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
Forgot to mention that I'm running xp Home SP2

"Sailorman" wrote:

> I'm trying to get Windows update to work and having trouble getting
> "wuaueng.dll" to register. I keep getting "weaueng.dll is not an executable
> file and no registration helper is registered for this file type". I've
> downloaded and re-installed WIndowsLiveAgent tried all the most common fixes.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

realcestmoi

Re: Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
Hi there,

This might be of any assistance:
http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/...e.aspx?m=70863

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"Sailorman" <Sailorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get Windows update to work and having trouble getting
> "wuaueng.dll" to register. I keep getting "weaueng.dll is not an
> executable
> file and no registration helper is registered for this file type". I've
> downloaded and re-installed WIndowsLiveAgent tried all the most common
> fixes.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Sailorman

Re: Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
Thanks for the info, but have tried all of these suggestions. When I try re
re-register I get an error message saying that "wuaueng.dll" is not
executable.

If anyone else has any ideas, please post.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> This might be of any assistance:
> http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/...e.aspx?m=70863
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
> "Sailorman" <Sailorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to get Windows update to work and having trouble getting
> > "wuaueng.dll" to register. I keep getting "weaueng.dll is not an
> > executable
> > file and no registration helper is registered for this file type". I've
> > downloaded and re-installed WIndowsLiveAgent tried all the most common
> > fixes.
> >

> > Any help would be appreciated.

realcestmoi

Re: Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
Hi here,

Did you try this too:

Download location for WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe

If it says "Install is not needed since Windows Update Agent is already
installed.", run the exe with the command line switch
/wuforce, like this: WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe /wuforce

news3313C6F-4FFC-4CC9-B73C-CB5D37604018@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the info, but have tried all of these suggestions. When I try
> re
> re-register I get an error message saying that "wuaueng.dll" is not
> executable.
>
> If anyone else has any ideas, please post.
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> This might be of any assistance:
>> http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/...e.aspx?m=70863
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>> "Sailorman" <Sailorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm trying to get Windows update to work and having trouble getting
>> > "wuaueng.dll" to register. I keep getting "weaueng.dll is not an
>> > executable
>> > file and no registration helper is registered for this file type".
>> > I've
>> > downloaded and re-installed WIndowsLiveAgent tried all the most common
>> > fixes.
>> >

>> > Any help would be appreciated.

Sailorman

Re: Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
Thanks for the additional info. I reloaded WU using force and it still won't
register "wuaueng.dll".

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi here,
>
> Did you try this too:
>

> Download location for WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=43264
>

> If it says "Install is not needed since Windows Update Agent is already
> installed.", run the exe with the command line switch
> /wuforce, like this: WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe /wuforce
>

> Best regards,
>
> Michel Denie
>

> "Sailorman" <Sailorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news3313C6F-4FFC-4CC9-B73C-CB5D37604018@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the info, but have tried all of these suggestions. When I try
> > re
> > re-register I get an error message saying that "wuaueng.dll" is not
> > executable.
> >
> > If anyone else has any ideas, please post.
> >
> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> This might be of any assistance:
> >> http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/...e.aspx?m=70863
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

Shemani

Re: Problem with "wuaueng.dll" not executable - Getting Desperate
I have same problem. won't register wuaueng.dll + mshtml.dll.
Cant install WindowsUpdateAgent eighter. Get this error 0x80070422.
When I try to register wuaueng.dll I get this error 0x80070430.
Tried everything. Any help anyone? Pleaseee...