Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

High Priority Updates Not Installing

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Chuck Dreier
 

Posts: n/a
High Priority Updates Not Installing
A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
won't
install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks

Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Toni Brown
 

Posts: n/a
RE: High Priority Updates Not Installing


"Chuck Dreier" wrote:

> A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> won't
> install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
> an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
> and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
> install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
> still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
> showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
> down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
> because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks
>
> Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Toni Brown
 

Posts: n/a
RE: High Priority Updates Not Installing
I have been having the same problem on my laptop. I haven't tried to update
any of my desktop computers.

"Chuck Dreier" wrote:

> A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> won't
> install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
> an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
> and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
> install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
> still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
> showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
> down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
> because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks
>
> Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
ganzo
 

Posts: n/a
RE: High Priority Updates Not Installing
Suffice it to say.... you are not alone.
My approach yesterday was to try to fix it as you (and others) have tried.
Today my approach is "Wait until Tuesday" ....
but I'll watch this board.

ganzo
"Chuck Dreier" wrote:

> A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> won't
> install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
> an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
> and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
> install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
> still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
> showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
> down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
> because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks
>
> Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
KLS
 

Posts: n/a
RE: High Priority Updates Not Installing
I am having the same issue. I have tried manual install three times on
different days, no success. At least I know I'm not alone so I'm not going
to pull my hair out trying to find a problem on my computer since this is not
unique to me.

"Chuck Dreier" wrote:

> A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> won't
> install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
> an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
> and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
> install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
> still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
> showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
> down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
> because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks
>
> Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Bobatds
 

Posts: n/a
RE: High Priority Updates Not Installing
The following link was very helpful - solved the problem for me:
http://www.digwin.com/view/microsoft...b110806-failed


"Chuck Dreier" wrote:

> A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> won't
> install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
> an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
> and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
> install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
> still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
> showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
> down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
> because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks
>
> Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
mattsss
 

Posts: n/a
RE: High Priority Updates Not Installing
This worked for me as well

Thanks

"Bobatds" wrote:

> The following link was very helpful - solved the problem for me:
> http://www.digwin.com/view/microsoft...b110806-failed
>
>
> "Chuck Dreier" wrote:
>
> > A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> > won't
> > install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1, and
> > an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I uninstalled NF2
> > and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would not
> > install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but they
> > still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a loop
> > showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to shut
> > down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE HELP
> > because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix. Thanks
> >
> > Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a notebook!!
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Chuck Dreier
 

Posts: n/a
Re: High Priority Updates Not Installing
I tried this as well, - completely removing Net.Frameworks 2 and 3 via the
Microsoft utility. However, I'm still not able to install the Service
Packs. Hopefully, all of us that are continuing to have to problem will
continue to report back here until we find a solution for all of us.


"mattsss" <mattsss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news8CDE75E-34D3-4949-B1DA-85F57F831817@microsoft.com...
> This worked for me as well
>
> Thanks
>
> "Bobatds" wrote:
>
>> The following link was very helpful - solved the problem for me:
>> http://www.digwin.com/view/microsoft...b110806-failed
>>
>>
>> "Chuck Dreier" wrote:
>>
>> > A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
>> > won't
>> > install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1,
>> > and
>> > an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I
>> > uninstalled NF2
>> > and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would
>> > not
>> > install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but
>> > they
>> > still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a
>> > loop
>> > showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to
>> > shut
>> > down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE
>> > HELP
>> > because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix.
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a
>> > notebook!!
>> >
>> >
>> >



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
BallardKLB
 

Posts: n/a
Re: High Priority Updates Not Installing
Do you run Quickbooks? We do and quickbooks was able to uninstall the
microsoft .NET 2 from our computer - I went back into microsoft update and
only installed the new 3 version. The only problem is that my boss is on her
computer and was on the phone with Dell tech support and they had her
reinstall Windows all together and it won't do ANY updates at all. DO NOT DO
THIS - IT IS CATASTROPHIC!!!!! Dell tech support won't even take
resposiblity for their own error. If anyone knows how to bypass the system
to get the 91 windows updates we need to actually funtion - it would be
helpful!
--
Ballard


"Chuck Dreier" wrote:

> I tried this as well, - completely removing Net.Frameworks 2 and 3 via the
> Microsoft utility. However, I'm still not able to install the Service
> Packs. Hopefully, all of us that are continuing to have to problem will
> continue to report back here until we find a solution for all of us.
>
>
> "mattsss" <mattsss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8CDE75E-34D3-4949-B1DA-85F57F831817@microsoft.com...
> > This worked for me as well
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Bobatds" wrote:
> >
> >> The following link was very helpful - solved the problem for me:
> >> http://www.digwin.com/view/microsoft...b110806-failed
> >>
> >>
> >> "Chuck Dreier" wrote:
> >>
> >> > A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but they
> >> > won't
> >> > install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0 ServicePack1,
> >> > and
> >> > an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I
> >> > uninstalled NF2
> >> > and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would
> >> > not
> >> > install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files - but
> >> > they
> >> > still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in a
> >> > loop
> >> > showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able to
> >> > shut
> >> > down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files. PLEASE
> >> > HELP
> >> > because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix.
> >> > Thanks
> >> >
> >> > Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a
> >> > notebook!!
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-14-2008
Chuck Dreier
 

Posts: n/a
Re: High Priority Updates Not Installing
PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED. My anti-spyware program was the culprit. When I
shut down Sunbelt's Counter Spy in Services.msc, I was able to install both
the Service Pack for Net Framework 2 as well as Net Framework 3. Hope this
helps!




"BallardKLB" <BallardKLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:275E16DC-7F43-4346-B281-D17400553C42@microsoft.com...
> Do you run Quickbooks? We do and quickbooks was able to uninstall the
> microsoft .NET 2 from our computer - I went back into microsoft update and
> only installed the new 3 version. The only problem is that my boss is on
> her
> computer and was on the phone with Dell tech support and they had her
> reinstall Windows all together and it won't do ANY updates at all. DO NOT
> DO
> THIS - IT IS CATASTROPHIC!!!!! Dell tech support won't even take
> resposiblity for their own error. If anyone knows how to bypass the
> system
> to get the 91 windows updates we need to actually funtion - it would be
> helpful!
> --
> Ballard
>
>
> "Chuck Dreier" wrote:
>
>> I tried this as well, - completely removing Net.Frameworks 2 and 3 via
>> the
>> Microsoft utility. However, I'm still not able to install the Service
>> Packs. Hopefully, all of us that are continuing to have to problem will
>> continue to report back here until we find a solution for all of us.
>>
>>
>> "mattsss" <mattsss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news8CDE75E-34D3-4949-B1DA-85F57F831817@microsoft.com...
>> > This worked for me as well
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > "Bobatds" wrote:
>> >
>> >> The following link was very helpful - solved the problem for me:
>> >> http://www.digwin.com/view/microsoft...b110806-failed
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Chuck Dreier" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > A new, unique problem. Auto Update shows 3 priority updates, but
>> >> > they
>> >> > won't
>> >> > install. They are NetFramework 2.0 Service Pack1, NF 3.0
>> >> > ServicePack1,
>> >> > and
>> >> > an Office2003 update. After reading several threads here, I
>> >> > uninstalled NF2
>> >> > and NF3 - did a complete reinstall and the service packs still would
>> >> > not
>> >> > install. I then tried a manual install by downloading the files -
>> >> > but
>> >> > they
>> >> > still won't install (encounters an error). Basically, I'm caught in
>> >> > a
>> >> > loop
>> >> > showing "Updates are ready for your computer..." and not being able
>> >> > to
>> >> > shut
>> >> > down regularly because shutdown tries to install these files.
>> >> > PLEASE
>> >> > HELP
>> >> > because this has become an all-afternoon problem that I can't fix.
>> >> > Thanks
>> >> >
>> >> > Oh, this is happening on both of my computers - a desktop and a
>> >> > notebook!!
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: "Problem: Automatic Updates is currently installing updates" wowita microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 04-03-2008 00:20
Windows priority updates slick1 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 01-25-2008 04:28
High priority updates, failed error code0x80131700 mark microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-10-2007 03:41
Article ID: 931716 Error message when you try to send a fax by using the "Set priority: High" option in Windows Vista: "This message could not be sent. Access is denied" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
High priority bug formerprof microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 02-28-2007 22:15




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120