mouse not working after 4/8/08 update

rowdy123

mouse not working after 4/8/08 update
i have a dell 2 button mouse plugged into a USB port. it no longer works
after the vista 4/8/08 update.
i contacted dell and their great solution was to rebuild my system which i
refused to do. after restarting my system and pressing the F8 key i was
able to get into a safe mode which allowed me to go into safe mode and i as
able to restore to the previous configuration. this fixed the problem at
the time, but the next morning it reloaded the upgrade again and i had to do
the same procedure all over again. i contacted dell again and was told that
so far i was the only user with this problem and that i needed to notify
microsoft so that they could fix the problem in the next upgrade. i did
notify microsoft and they referred me to this discussion group and were not
aware of this problem. i am pullling my hair out trying to figure this out.
I have turned my automatic updates off since Dell told me it would take
Microsoft that long to realize and fix this problem. I contacted Microsoft
and they referred me to this discussion group.

Is there anyone out there that could help me with a solution to this problem?

--
rowdy123

Re: mouse not working after 4/8/08 update
[crossposted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices]

We need your help to resolve this problem:

1. Please find the following files and copy them to a zip file:

Setupapi.log
Setupapi.dev.log
Msinfo32.txt

2. Email the zip file as an attachment to an email addressed to
ERICBROD[AT]MICROSOFT.COM.

3. See this related thread for a possible fix:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5a1872b053df04
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

rowdy123 wrote:
> i have a dell 2 button mouse plugged into a USB port. it no longer works
> after the vista 4/8/08 update.
> i contacted dell and their great solution was to rebuild my system which i
> refused to do. after restarting my system and pressing the F8 key i was
> able to get into a safe mode which allowed me to go into safe mode and i
> as
> able to restore to the previous configuration. this fixed the problem at
> the time, but the next morning it reloaded the upgrade again and i had to
> do
> the same procedure all over again. i contacted dell again and was told
> that
> so far i was the only user with this problem and that i needed to notify
> microsoft so that they could fix the problem in the next upgrade. i did
> notify microsoft and they referred me to this discussion group and were
> not
> aware of this problem. i am pullling my hair out trying to figure this
> out.
> I have turned my automatic updates off since Dell told me it would take
> Microsoft that long to realize and fix this problem. I contacted
> Microsoft
> and they referred me to this discussion group.
>
> Is there anyone out there that could help me with a solution to this
> problem?

Clovis

RE: mouse not working after 4/8/08 update
I'm having this problem too...
Mouse worked fine before latest update.
It's more than just the mouse, the computer becomes unresponsive for a few
seconds.

I re-installed windows thinking it was something that could be corrected.
Mouse worked fine until I got the latest updates from Microsoft website.

I've run my Spyware, and Antivirus, but nothing is there to cause this
problem.

Of course Windows won't let me do a system restore (don't ask me why).

Funny how these things work (or don't work)...

System:
Windows XP (latest service packs and updates)
Logitech Dual Optical Mouse
(I don't know the other stuff)

It would be nice if Windows would just work...